Oracle 50-100 cheaper or more gold from sightstonewards pls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GurkenMAN

12-12-2012

Title says:
Oracle should cost a little less now (50-100) and the destroyed "Spamwards" from sight/Ruby should give more gold than now.
I agree with limiting the duration of oracle but not fixing the price a little is...well...not OK^^
Maybe another solution would be to keep oracle 5 Mins even if you die (like other elixirs)- would also kinda fix it.

Peligrad

12-12-2012

The point of killing wards has never been to gain gold...it's been to kill their vision so that you can make plays.

Yes the sightstone makes it a lot easier to simply replace the wards, but that requires refilling charges at the base and traveling to that destination again to ward.

I believe that oracles elixir was originally placed in the game to counter stealth champions more so than win vision wars...

I personally like that the ward cost burden has been lightened and I find myself tossing wards more freely now rather than trying to stretch them as far as possible.

I'm much less attached to wards...and protect them less....so its only right that they are worth less when killed...

NemesisOfReason

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
The point of killing wards has never been to gain gold...it's been to kill their vision so that you can make plays.

Yes the sightstone makes it a lot easier to simply replace the wards, but that requires refilling charges at the base and traveling to that destination again to ward.

I believe that oracles elixir was originally placed in the game to counter stealth champions more so than win vision wars...

I personally like that the ward cost burden has been lightened and I find myself tossing wards more freely now rather than trying to stretch them as far as possible.

I'm much less attached to wards...and protect them less....so its only right that they are worth less when killed...
Some differences:

1) Placing a ward is not as risky as clearing a ward (for one, ward placement has range of 1100 and can sometimes be placed over far larger distances over walls).

2) Sightstone is a staple on supports and some other champions, provides stats, can be sold, and you do not lose any benefits from the item itself upon dying (you are quite likely to break even with Sightstone's cost, while it is uncertain if one will break even with Oracle's Elixir's gold cost). Whereas Oracle's Elixir is rarely used early-mid game and less frequently late game (at least from personal observation; need more data to see how frequently it is actually used at different stages of the game).

3) Successfully placed wards lose value over time. An alternative way to see this: the ward clearer increasingly gains less net gold from clearing a ward the longer the ward out.

Some comments:

1) The OP never suggested that the point of killing wards was to gain gold, he was merely making a suggestion.

2) Refilling Sightstone charges is more likely a temporary inconvenience than it is a necessity. If you pick your return trips wisely, they can often be coupled with the need to heal, replenish mana, purchase items, reposition, etc, making your return trips more efficient.

3) Just because you feel less attached and protect them less does not mean that others will feel the same. Your conclusion that wards should be worth less is a logical leap. On top of other factors that need to be considered, the flow of your argument goes from personal feelings to a conclusion that you feel is justified.