@RIOT - Don't over nerf Black Cleaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

The item itself is fine but needs some more adjustments to balance it out and make it more reasonable on AD casters and less reasonable on AD carries.

I want to make some suggestions and insist you give it some thought.

Quote:
Current Black Cleaver:

+250 health
+50 attack damage
+10% cooldown reduction
+15 armor penetration

Passive:
Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion reduces their armor by 7.5% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks up to 4 times.
Quote:
My suggested Change to Black Cleaver:

+250 health
+50 attack damage

Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion reduces their armor by 3.75%. Abilities apply 2 stacks and basic attacks apply 1. Lasts for 4 seconds. This effect stacks up to 8 times.

Unique Passive:
+10% cooldown reduction
+15 armor penetration
There simple as that.

Stacking the item allows you to get off the passive faster but becomes extremely cost inefficient to stack since you will not get additional armor pen or CDR.

The addition of it requiring 8 stack for the same effect as before but allowing physical damage abilities to apply 2 makes it more effective on AD casters than AD carries.

These are the only changes I think are unnecessary.

Give it some though.

Thank You

- Sagee Prime

IS1a442cd69a169ed293a39

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagee Prime View Post
The item itself is fine but needs some more adjustments to balance it out and make it more reasonable on AD casters and less reasonable on AD carries.

I want to make some suggestions and insist you give it some thought.

There simple as that.

Stacking the item allows you to get off the passive faster but becomes extremely cost inefficient to stack since you will not get additional armor pen or CDR.

The addition of it requiring 8 stack for the same effect as before but allowing physical damage abilities to apply 2 makes it more effective on AD casters than AD carries.

These are the only changes I think are unnecessary.

Give it some though.

Thank You

- Sagee Prime
What? I think this item is super OP on AD casters.
Think about Riven, Pantheon, and Renekon.
They get full stacks in no time.

Phoenix0Wright

12-12-2012

Bottom line is they need to reduce the armor pen or make it a unique passive. Right now, the best build on a lot of bruisers is something like Boots/(TF or BT or GA)/4 Black Cleavers, without any exaggeration. I think the idea behind the item is great, since AD casters really didn't have an item specialized for their needs, when you can stack 80 flat Armor pen and then get even more from the passive... yikes.

Nea De Penserhir

12-12-2012

I'd be happy if everyone would just POST IN A SINGLE THREAD.