[Champion] Duas, the Controlled

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dbiggie93

12-21-2012

Lore

Quote:
In youth, Duas was a celestial being and a close ally of the one called Soraka. However, despite the placid nature of his and Soraka's kind, he was prone to flares of temper, endangering the lives of those around him. Regardless of his flares of anger, he is a powerful ally in battle who will keep his allies alive at any cost.

Duas had learned of the help Soraka had offered to the man named Warwick. However, he was not so welcoming of the strangers call for help. When Soraka went off to follow Warwick in his quest for vengeance, he pleaded for Soraka not to go after him, but she ignored his cries and warnings. When he discovered that Soraka had used her powers for harm and had been injured by the very man she had so desperately helped, she went after the men who indirectly caused her fall. Riled with anger, he tried to keep it in check as he traveled through the mortal realm, searching for the band of men. Duas had found them and just as quickly as they saw him, he ended their lives with brilliant flashes of light. Soraka's celestial form had faded simply for injuring them; for murder, Duas was sentenced to death. However, his latent anger had grown and he fought stubbornly against death. Due to his tenacity, his physical form faded, leaving a wandering orb of celestial power, so desperately trying to keep his anger in check.
Stats
Quote:
Health: 410 (+66)
Health Regen: 5.5 (+0.4)
Mana: 300 (+50)
Mana Regen: 7.1 (+0.8)
Range: 550
Attack Damage: 50.1 (+2.5)
Attack Speed: 0.6 (+2.4%)
Armor: 6.5 (+4.1)
Magic Res: 30
Mov. Speed: 340
Abilities
Quote:
Passive - Celestial Protection: If a nearby allied champion takes damage that would put them at below 30% maximum health, they first gain a shield that is equal to 100/200/300 (+50% AP). 30 second cooldown per champion. Range: 500

Q - Shift (Toggle) (No cost): Changes whether Duas' autoattacks target allies or enemies. Heals if targeting an ally. Heal and damage is equal to Duas' attack damage plus 10/15/20/25/30% AP. 0.95 second cooldown.

W - Star's Blessing (80/90/100/110/120 mana): Duas becomes untargetable and clings to a target champion for five seconds. If it is an allied champion, they gain 10/20/30/40/50% increased movement speed and crowd control effects on them are reduced by 35%. If it is an enemy champion, their movement speed is decreased by 10/20/30/40/50% and they are silenced for three seconds. Movement speed returns to normal gradually. 35/30/25/20/15 second cooldown. Range: 400

E - Comet Strike (40/50/60/70/80 mana): First cast: Slows Duas' movement speed by 15% while increasing damage and dash range over 2 seconds. Second cast: Duas launches forward with the force of a comet, dealing between 50/60/70/80/90 (30% AP) to 100/120/140/160/180 (60% AP) magic damage to enemies in his path. He stops upon colliding with an enemy champion. 15 / 12.5 / 10 / 7.5 / 5 second cooldown. Range: 50-750

R - Released Temper (140/120/100 mana): Duas glows red for three seconds. During this time, 20/30/40% of damage dealt to his allies and himself is stored (not mitigated). After three seconds or when Duas dies, this damage plus (40% AP) is dealt back to his opponents. If Duas is still alive after the three seconds, his movement speed, ability power, armor, and magic resistance are reduced by 20/30/40% for seven seconds. 120 second cooldown. Range: global
Notes
Quote:
This champion concept is designed around versatility. Riot makes a statement that we are generally given freedom in deciding what to do with our champs (within their respective roles), and I feel like this champion does that.

I have tried to make Duas unique in the sense that he can fill the role of either support or carry while still having the freedom to specialize in either role. His Q in particular allows him the freedom to change immediately from a carry role to a support role seeing as the ability scales off of both attack damage and ability power (making items such as Guinsoo's Rageblade essential). So while one can choose to build him like an ADC (making maximum potential of his Q), it will lower the potency of his other abilities so that he's not too overpowered, in my opinion.

Moving on to his W, I designed it so that's useful for the moment you need it rather than spamming it and silencing everyone on the other team. The initial cooldown on it is high particularly for that reason: one will have to decide whether to get their teammate out of danger or to drastically cripple a threat on the other team. This ability, when used in team fights, can really bring down the opponent's APC.

His E I designed after Vi's Vault Breaker ability. I like the thought of a charged ability, so I tried to imitate an AP version of that minus the knockback. It's pretty self-explanatory if you've played Vi before (though I do think that this ability of mine needs a rework).

His R I designed to be useful in team fights rather than a "Press R to win" ability such as Karthus' or Darius' ult. Outside of team fights, it will only deal 40% of his AP to all opponents (e.g., if Duas has 700 AP, each opponent is only going to be hit for 280 damage before calculating anything else in. Definitely survivable). However, in a team fight, it becomes much more potent. It doesn't mitigate the damage, it just stores it, like Galio's ultimate, but on a global scale. Then it releases 40% of that stored damage plus 40% of his AP back to the opponents. Much more useful in team fights rather than small 1v1 or 2v2 skirmishes.
I'd appreciate any feedback on this champion concept. Thank you for your time.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dbiggie93

12-22-2012

*bump*