People please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lnfamous22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

This post compiles months of information RIOT has released (sorry I don't have quotes) regarding pick order. I've been reading the forums for quite some time and am getting sick of all the wrong posting about this, so I'll try to explain it here.

In NORMAL DRAFT: Everyone has a 20% chance to be first pick; Everyone has a 20% chance to be ANY pick. If a premade is involved, the person who formed the premade absorbs the %chance to be first pick (If there is 3 people than the creator has a 60% chance). The other people in the premade will be RANDOMLY placed in pick order.

In RANKED DRAFT: The person with the highest elo is first pick. Lowest elo is on the bottom. NOTE: I'm not saying elo = skill level because I don't want to get into that argument here.

Normal Draft USED TO BE like ranked draft. You USED to have a normal ELO. Even if there is still a normal elo which determines WHO you play with/against, it does NOT affect your slot in NORMAL draft.

LogicalTautology

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnfamous22 View Post
In RANKED DRAFT: The person with the highest elo is first pick. Lowest elo is on the bottom. NOTE: I'm not saying elo = skill level because I don't want to get into that argument here.
While this is true, note that my Elo has literally no bearing on what position I will be in the pick order in my next game. Raising my Elo does not change the fact I have a 20% chance of being any position in my next Ranked game.

Tisasecret

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
While this is true, note that my Elo has literally no bearing on what position I will be in the pick order in my next game. Raising my Elo does not change the fact I have a 20% chance of being any position in my next Ranked game.
If someone dodges a game then sometimes i'll be queued with the same people the next game and keep my position or somewhere near it.

lnfamous22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
No, In RANKED, your elo matters in calculating pick order, in NORMAL it does NOT

LogicalTautology

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnfamous22 View Post
No, In RANKED, your elo matters in calculating pick order, in NORMAL it does NOT
Your Elo matters once the team of five is assembled. But if I were to play a Ranked game now, I would have the EXACT same chance of being first pick as if I gained 1000 Elo magically and then played a Ranked game.