Dominion Tutorial is badly needed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stark Midnight

12-11-2012

I finally decided to make a smurf account, and i originally thought i was playing with botters thats how bad people were. I was playing against beginner bots and the new players had no idea what they were suppose to do. Because there is no tutorial. At first i wanted to rage but then i started teaching them what they were suppose to do and the rules of the game. Things i thought were obvious were not.

1. New players have no idea what they are suppose to do to win.
2. New players have no idea how to cap turrets....im serious
3. New players think that capping turrets is what they are suppose to do, they have no idea they are suppose to hold them.
4. New Players have no idea what the things in the center of the map do (the relic buffs)

As well as many other concepts you need to know to win. I am dead serious. A tutorial is badly needed. Dominion is losing alot of the new incoming playerbase because they try the mode, get crushed; and never want to play it again.

Elysius

12-11-2012

every new player should check the forums.. there is a great guide about Dominion here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698

BeefJerkyHunter

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysius View Post
every new player should check the forums.. there is a great guide about Dominion here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698
We all know that less than half of the current players even look at the forums. I'm sure that there's a large percentage that have never accessed the forums once.

A Slime Appears

12-11-2012

2-3 of those are already explained by those blue boxes that show up on the right side of the screen in that ~1 minutes before the match starts. People still don't care : \

Scyhn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Hope they listen to you. I made a post about this like a week ago and got 1 response. It's a great idea.

Fabs457

12-12-2012

I'm losing so many games lately I could probably use a tutorial as well

Harvester

12-13-2012

Riot is really bad when it comes to tutorials. The tutorials they make are awesome, however they rarely create new ones and they do very little to encourage players to use said tutorials. Here is one tutorial they made:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/learn/new_user_guide
On the LoL website, go to Game Info->New User Guide.
It is easy to get to, however I rarely hear of any recommendations to use it. You know how on the home page in-game there is that giant empty space above the buttons for "Friends List, Chat Rooms, and Notifications"? They could have a giant advertisement there for their well constructed tutorial. Do they? Nope. There is only so much information in-game tutorials can provide, yet they fail to put the giant flashing lights necessary to attract the attention of new players to any of their other tutorials.

Marhaben

01-09-2013

I just dont understand how players can be so cerebral about SR but, just lose their damn minds about dom.. Just cap the turrets and hold the spawn three.. Dont lose them and dont die for the enemy's three.. oh yea, if you die for your own your get a cute little martyr score.. Dont cap turrets with multiple champs if it is uncontested.. Anymore questions?

Volandum

01-10-2013

Yes, what do you mean by "hold" a capture point?

KaWraith

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
Yes, what do you mean by "hold" a capture point?
He just means defend it. New players will take a point, but then they will leave it, instead of staying to defend it.