Learning new roles.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AstralWarriorX

12-11-2012

So a few nights ago I was stuck with a role I had no idea how to play because everyone else took everything.

(This isn't a QQ Thread)

I already play 3 out of the 6 roles effectively.

APC (Mid)
ADC (Bot)
Tank (Top)

Ones I do not play

Support (ADC-Bot)
Tank (Solo-Top) (I can tank but... I don't do very well soloing the top lane.)
Jungle

One of the very few reasons to why I don't learn the 3 roles is because I am actually scared of screwing up badly in a game. Thus my team yelling at me for it.

So basically my question is for the people who play these 3 roles effectively is that?

Could you guys be willing to share some advice on learning these roles even in Pvp?

Even despite the fact that I am new to these roles, I want to be able to play them with positive results.

I went 0-6-10 (Support) in one game and I felt absolutely horrible.

and while we are at it.. skill shots... need some advice on how to land those even at a 50% rate.

Anyway to anyone replies with some help. Thank you very much.

Ambrotos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Hey man, I won't be on today, but add me in game and I'll do a couple custom games with you to teach you a few things. I'm by no means the best player, but I know enough to help.

My best role is support so I can definitely help there.

My first piece of advice is to find a few champions that you naturally feel at ease playing and enjoy playing. For example my favorite top laner is Nasus, I have a blast with him and somehow do well despite him being a weaker ranked champ. With Irelia last season I think I was 1-6 or something terrible like that. With Nasus I started something like 15-3 and tailed off towards the end of season 2.

Anyway, just catch me in game and I'll give some pointers.

Eviant

12-11-2012

All right. While I haven't had the chance to play Supports as much as I wish, I do play a mean Janna, and am great at playing characters like Leo, Shen, Lux, and many other kill lane supports. If you want to play with me, Add me in game, and I'll play a couple games with you. Support really is a role where you have to play to understand, because a) Each one is different, with different Positioning in team fights IE: Soraka stays near the middle to the back, maximizing her star call, allowing her to use a clutch silence, and heal any allies. Janna stays far back, casting shields and tornadoes, only going in to ult to disrupt enemy positioning, or heal/reset team fight. Shen/Leona/Nunu are in the front disrupting and peeling enemies.

So for the Support, you really just have to figure out which one works for you. Are you aggressive? Try Taric, Leona, Shen or Nunu. Passive? Go with Soraka, or Sona. If you are good at picking up the Difficult champs (Characters like Cass, Aniv, Ori, Shaco, just to name a few) Try Janna or Alistar, maybe even Blitz, who can help you learn skill shots.

When in Elo Hell

12-11-2012

Dont worry about what other people think of your gameplay. If you want to get better on a certain role practice it! if someone starts yelling at you because you didnt give a perfect gank or you lost you lane once dont sweat it. it took me a long time to get used to the roles i play. I main Mid and Jungle but I am not too shabby on Solo Top. if you want any help with learning any of the roles OTHER than support (sorry i just cant stand support) add lololsqrrl DO NOT ADD "when in elo hell" this is my smurf acc :P. if you prefere learning the knew roles on your own, i would suggest going on youtube. Theoddone has a great commentary on how to jungle. also Gbay99 has some great input on how to overall improve you gameplay. again if you need help with anything or you would just like to play a game or two add me my main account is lololsqrrl

Pixilz

12-11-2012

I am a pretty good support player, although I tend to do a lot of casual games with friends, trying out new strategies, I can give you a few tips that people will thank you for. Tank is probably my favorite general role, but after the FoN removal, it's gone back to being just there. Anyway add me and I can give you a few pointers, especially on jungle and support.

AstralWarriorX

12-11-2012

Ambrotos as-well as all of you.. I will have to get back on you about that.

The right click in my mouse actually quit working on me today. So I have to wait till (Thursday) to get a new one,maybe even longer depending on my pay for this week.

Right click = Moving