What ever happened to Reginald Ashram?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meximelt10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Please note, If there has been any lore update or stories detailing his disappearance I have not seen nor heard about them.

Hey guys, first post on this forum. (woo!) Basically I want this thread to do some theory crafting on what happened to High Counselor Reginald Ashram.

Story of why i'm curious:

I was reading Morgana and Kayle's lore and I know they pretty much hate each other. After reading all of Kayle's lore one part stuck in my mind "In exchange for one thousand years of service, Ashram halted all league interference on Kayle's world." and also the next sentance on how he disappeared.

My theory:

My theory of why Ashram disappeared is having to do with Morgana. What if Morgana was the reason Ashram disappeared was because through one way or another, Morgana found out about the deal between Ashram and Kayle, and decided to kill him? Like, no body has ever been found.

Kayles Lore:

Quote:
In a world far away where an ancient war still rages, Kayle was a great hero - the strongest of an immortal race committed to destroying evil wherever it could be found. For ten thousand years, Kayle fought tirelessly for her people, wielding her flaming sword forged before time itself. She shielded her delicate features beneath her enchanted armor, the sole remaining masterpiece of an extinct race of craftsmen. Though a beautiful, striking creature, Kayle, now as then, avoids showing her face; war has taken a terrible toll upon her spirit. In her quest for victory, she sometimes would try to lift the wicked up from their morass of evil, but more than often she instead purged those she herself deemed beyond redemption. To Kayle, justice can so often be an ugly thing.

Ten years ago, Kayle's war against evil was nearly won... until her rebellious sister Morgana, a pariah amongst their people, suddenly gained powerful new allies: magicians of a hitherto unknown world called Runeterra. Morgana traded servitude to a number of the summoners in Runeterra's League of Legends for powerful new abilities that, if mastered, threatened to bring Kayle and her people to their knees. To save her world, Kayle had no choice but to make a pact with the League herself. She approached the leader of the League, High Counselor Reginald Ashram, with a deal of her own. In exchange for a thousand years of Kayle's service, Ashram halted all League interference on Kayle's world. With Ashram's disappearance five years ago, Kayle has new causes on Valoran: find out who or what caused Ashram to disappear, defeat her sister Morgana upon the Fields of Justice, and bring her own brand of justice to the League of Legends.

''In the League of Legends, Justice comes on swift wings.''
Edit: Checked Jax's lore, Jax was put on the top of the list of candidates to receive a league judgement, the reason only known to Ashram. And as said in the movie Die Hard: With A Vengeance "This gentlemen, as they say is where the plot thickens."

Thanks for taking the time to read and post your theory's here!

Darkotas

12-11-2012

I'd have to double-check this, but it's implied that he might be in disguise as Jax.

Meximelt10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Oooh! Do you mean he is Jax? or he is just dressed up as Jax

HerbaNoctis

12-11-2012

I'm still convinced that he was killed by the agents of the Shadow Isles.
I'm also fairly convinced that he's actually a hero, not a villain. What I think is that he did what he did in order to try and discredit the League of Legends. Which is good because the League of Legends is an instrument of the Shadow Isles.

Geokhan

12-12-2012

HerbaNoctis, Sounds like you pulled that out of your ass.

I have seen NOTHING to indicate that Ashram was killed by the Shadow Isles.

As for him being Jax...I believe the lore states that Jax was know during the same time as Ashram, but wasn't popular by any means. Jax is also clearly not human. So magic could explain that, but Ashram is Ashram and thus unknowable. Adds to the fun.

Same deal as Marcus Du Coustea. At least that plot line looks like it could be tied up at some point. Ashram is just MIA. Another theory is that the disappearance of Ashram and Marcus are related.

Arcane Azmadi

12-12-2012

Who?

What, LoL has a story other than "everybody kung-fu fight now"? When did this happen?

Our sarcasm is beyond your control.

HerbaNoctis

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
HerbaNoctis, Sounds like you pulled that out of your ass.

I have seen NOTHING to indicate that Ashram was killed by the Shadow Isles.

As for him being Jax...I believe the lore states that Jax was know during the same time as Ashram, but wasn't popular by any means. Jax is also clearly not human. So magic could explain that, but Ashram is Ashram and thus unknowable. Adds to the fun.

Same deal as Marcus Du Coustea. At least that plot line looks like it could be tied up at some point. Ashram is just MIA. Another theory is that the disappearance of Ashram and Marcus are related.
You have to connect a couple dots.
But no, really. There's pretty strong evidence pointing towards the Shadow Isles completely controlling the League of Legends as a method to return the King. They basically want to keep the world intact until they can return the King to do what he wants with Runeterra. So, in that case, why would a top official of the League make a plot directly contrary to keeping the general peace and waiting for the right time? Either because he's an idiot in which case he would be killed or he was a traitor in which case he would be killed.

Cerubois

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbaNoctis View Post
But no, really. There's pretty strong evidence pointing towards the Shadow Isles completely controlling the League of Legends as a method to return the King.
...What?

We haven't heard anything close to something this big. We can only speculate as to what the Shadow Isles champions want. There's so little story revealed for them at the moment that you can't call anything 'strong evidence.'

In my opinion, I don't think any one city-state (or region) could control the League. They're a legion of powerful summoners. As a combined force, they have confidence that they can stop a world war. You think one group, alive or undead, could control them?
It would be like one country on Earth trying to take on the UN. You're not going to win, and you're only going to gain enemies.

shadooklaw

12-13-2012

I believe he either IS Jax or created him, upon which he went out of control and stole all of his powers. I deem the first one more likely.

Lord Andyus

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadooklaw View Post
I believe he either IS Jax or created him, upon which he went out of control and stole all of his powers. I deem the first one more likely.
Sorry to say this, but i doubt those two theories quite a bit. I think we're forgetting who Ashram is: An incredibly powerful summoner, with magical powers beyond reason. Magical, not physical. If Jax were actually him, don't you think he would fight with magic instead of just brute strength? Is it that hard to accept that Jax was just a diamond-in-the-mud soldier, who discovered his call on the league?

And i still would like to know how a warrior with no knowledge of magic could steal the powers of the high councilor, who must be one of the most alert people in all of Valoran. No, my guess is that he is just out there, somewhere... perhaps exploring an unknown world, perhaps fighting some unknown evil... but he is out there.

That's what i think, anyway :P