Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Casual games are a joke

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhoopsiGoldburg

12-11-2012

Got ass****ed by sona graves as twitch solobottom. The blitz that locked in explained to me 5 minutes into the game he was duo midding with his friend.

Normals are for casual play I get it but, before you go ****ering up peoples games atleast tell them what you plan on doing for ****s sakes.

JevelFaithful

12-11-2012

Sorry mate, you had a bad game. Those duos were idiots and all.
If that can help, 90% of the games I see are pretty fun and meta-approved. Try to enjoy the game even if it goes south. Learn what you can about weird situations, queue up for the next game.

SunKiIIMoon

12-11-2012

I don't mind people trying to throw in normals, like he said though warning at selection would be nice. Maybe I'd rather play AP Yi or Renekton atleast I can have fun and try to carry for the first while

Eloquid

12-12-2012

Does anyone hates when ppl in normals say "first time this or that champ"? they usually end up feeding like cows of course. There's a bot game for that for ****s sake, why do they have to ruin games of other people that play champs they know how to play, just to babysit mother****er who for some reason thinks normals are best place for first time champs.

Undtoromeso

12-12-2012

The correct response is to say 'Nope, three mid' and hope you can rush midtower before bot rushes yours.

Shadowed Ruby

12-12-2012

Eloquid, while I agree with you that people should practice their champions in bot matches, I also think it's fair for someone to warn that its their first time on that champion against other players.

It lets your jungler or lane partner know that they can't expect the experienced play usual to that champion.

Cyan292

12-12-2012

@Eloquid. I play champs for my first time against players because lets face it...bots are pretty sad. I feel I wouldn't truly learn the champ vs bots...not enough anyway to make me any better playing against people. They are just too different, I can basically hit my face into my keyboard against bots and still win.

I just play very safe which is why I let people know first time. So they don't expect any high level combos from me at first until I warm up to the new champion I'm trying out. I think that's fair enough. Besides with "free to play" champions I think it's expected for people to want to try out new champions but still play vs other players. As long as they don't do it in ranked. lol.

Grollm

12-12-2012

Quote:
Eloquid:
Does anyone hates when ppl in normals say "first time this or that champ"? they usually end up feeding like cows of course. There's a bot game for that for ****s sake, why do they have to ruin games of other people that play champs they know how to play, just to babysit mother****er who for some reason thinks normals are best place for first time champs.

Once you get good enough at this game you don't need to play a new champ in bot games to get used to the way they work. Riot repeats a lot of mechanics, and it literally took me 5 minutes to get the hang of Nami and be able to dominate with her. If you are raging in normals, then probably need to take a step outside and get some fresh air. Normals are where the baddies reign, and if you as good as you say you are then step into ranked and prove it. Otherwise quit *****ing. Normals are where everyone goes to test out new builds, test out new champ comps, etc. If you can't handle that go ranked, if you can't handle ranked, then you probably should just stop playing.

havate

12-12-2012

Quote:
WhoopsiGoldburg:
Got ass****ed by sona graves as twitch solobottom. The blitz that locked in explained to me 5 minutes into the game he was duo midding with his friend.

Normals are for casual play I get it but, before you go ****ering up peoples games atleast tell them what you plan on doing for ****s sakes.

Come on don't be spoil sport.gaming is an entertainment.if someone wants to have fun by breaking meta let him.however it is true that they should warn in champ select so that you can have fun also by taking revive and cv.

Lajinn5

12-12-2012

Quote:
Eloquid:

the only thing bots is good for is seeing the moves, bots are horribad and no way to test whether you're decent with a champ