Find Dates @GameStop

12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM View Post
Additionally, I don't feel it's necessarily all appearance that plays into my response. I've liked plenty of unattractive guys over the years. I was drawn to them because they had nice personalities and were likely charming. I like to find the good qualities in a person.
rofl

just pure rofl

silentpartner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
These two statements are the problem.

Things ARE black and white. There is only one reality.

Anyway, gg, carry on with your thread.
How you ACT is black and white, how you FEEL isn't

So long as BDSM ACTS in a consistent manner, it matters nil how she FEELS about said person/situation

I'm sure you can't disagree with that

Scarlena

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
The scenario she described could , at any point, be used to damage a man.
In fact, her scenario, with absolutely no changes, mirrors the beginning of many (false) rape stories.
Also, false accusations of stalking, assault, harassment, etc.
"It's only bad when they don't like it"

MRA = Men's rights activist.
MGTOW = Men going their own way
(Men who reject interactions with females(Except as sex objects sometimes) in this vag-poisoned world, no wife, no girlfriend, ever)
I understand what you're saying about "it's only bad when they don't like it". I have been on the receiving end of that situation many times. Sometimes my first reaction is 'flattery' (positive), sometimes it's 'creepy' (negative). I see why someone would want such behavior done away with- it's way too up to interpretation and leaves the initiating party vulnerable.

So, now that it's established that I understand your revulsion, I would like to ask: What would you suggest as an alternative? If a guy wants to ask a girl he just met for her phone number, how should he do that? What should he say so to be not 'creepy' and get the desired end result?

In addition, I'm wondering: Do you think less of men who want a long-term, exclusive relationship with a woman?

Let's say you mean the perfect woman for you. Whatever YOUR ideal is, she has it. Would you want a relationship with her? It can be open (more than one sexual partner), or have whatever other freedoms you'd require to be happy, but also the commitment of "you two are the one each others loves and wants to be with for a very long time". Would you want that? Or would you reject her because of your distaste for wives/girlfriends on principal?

and DO NOT say "that's impossible, not going to answer." Do you know what hypothetical means?

In summary: How would you suggest a guy gets a girls phone number, what do you think of men who want a girlfriend/wife, and would you want your IDEAL woman to be your girlfriend/wife?

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

I still in no way see why BD's actions are reason to cause dislike.
She stated nothing in the OP of her reaction to him waiting outside.
Only that he was waiting outside.

I also don't think it's very hard to tell if something is going to be percieved as freaky, to someone with a shred of social awareness.
If she engages in conversation, not creepy.
If she tries to avoid conversation, and then you wait outside to try again, creepy.

It seems like because I man waited outside for BD you disliked woman like her, and there was no correct reposnse, or course of action she could of taken, as she never mentioned in the OP how she reacted to it.

c4lm

12-11-2012

What ever happened to bars? Gamestop.... Really....

Mere Intricacy

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campir View Post
What ever happened to bars? Gamestop.... Really....
I've never been to a bar before.
I've been in a game shop maybe 2 or 3 times.

poe tay toes

12-11-2012

(skipped the bulk of the thread)

jtf, i don't see why you're mad. the guy wanted to ask her out, didn't want to do it in the middle of the store, so he waited for her to come out. i'm guessing either he needed a moment to steel his nerves, was afraid of getting rejected in front of the people in store, or didn't want to make her feel pressured to say yes to avoid embarrassing him in public (my money is on 1 or 2)

as to the creepy vs not, i think the deciding factor is reciprocation of interest by the woman barring some extremely awkward efforts by the guy.

c4lm

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
I've never been to a bar before.
Which is exactly why people should go to bars.

Sailor Cosmos

12-11-2012

The entire debate could have been completely avoided if Ssssraeshza had reading comprehension and wasn't over-sensitive.

Let me quote what I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM View Post
As I exited the store, the guy was waiting there for me, or so I presume, and he asked me if he could have my phone number and if he could call me sometime.
I assumed he waited for me, which is highly probable considering the circumstance. Nor am I accusing him of doing something negative. I'm not filing a false rape report to the police department. I'm relaying factual events of earlier today.

Sssraeshza just likes to cause controversy over nothing so someone will talk to him.

Mere Intricacy

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campir View Post
Which is exactly why people should go to bars.
I lol'd.

12345678 ... 10