Looking for a Diamond Player's Opinion? AMA

1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Parylax

11-22-2012

You can catch me here:
http://www.twitch.tv/parylax

http://www.own3d.tv/Parylax/live/171297

- Answering EVERY question posted in the twitch.tv chat on stream.
- I'll try to answer every relevant (and most irrelevant questions) posted here as well
- Will be providing commentary as I climb the ladder throughout this season

About me:
- I'm a S2 Diamond Player (1850 this season) who mains jungle.
- I play every role proficiently at 2k+ (maybe not adc)
- I know too much about this game T_T but love it
- I love to interact with the community and viewers

I am not signed to a professional team but hope to find a team this season! (fingers crossed)

Parylax

11-22-2012

Bump

Parylax

11-22-2012

Bump

Præsio

11-22-2012

What are some tips that you can give me about what to do after getting invaded in the jungle. I'm not too proficient at jungling but every now and then I do it to fill for my team in ranked. It feels like I have no idea what to do after I get invaded, it seems like I am powerless to gank since Im behind, but if i just farm my team mates lanes suffer as a result of their jungler ganking after getting ahead of me.

Thanks!

Parylax

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prsio View Post
What are some tips that you can give me about what to do after getting invaded in the jungle. I'm not too proficient at jungling but every now and then I do it to fill for my team in ranked. It feels like I have no idea what to do after I get invaded, it seems like I am powerless to gank since Im behind, but if i just farm my team mates lanes suffer as a result of their jungler ganking after getting ahead of me.

Thanks!
The best things you can do are
- look at how the level 1 stacks up (which team has a better invade, level 1 crowd control, etc), if a team has stand out level one champions (morgana, taric, alistar, blitz, etc) they are more likely to invade
- Defensively ward - if you are a weak blue start jungle, ask your team to defensively ward, and cover both entrances
- Use intuition in solo queue, if you feel like you are going to be invaded on PREPARE YOUR team.
- Take the initiative - Counter invade after placing defensive wards on your respective blue or red. Its ok if they steal yours, and you still get theirs.

If you've already been invaded on, defensively ward the entrances to your wraiths/wolves and farm levels - look for a play to make.
Keep track of your buff timers, prepare your team.

Thanks for your question!

Thaenor

11-22-2012

Obviously the answer to this question will change based on elo range, ally and enemy comps, etc; but if you find yourself in queue and unable to trust your teammates (not necessarily that they're bad, but maybe they're showing that they're argumentative/uncooperative), in general, what are your thought patterns going into the match? Is there a specific jungler you fall back on, do you pick more defensive (or offensive) junglers, how do your gank priorities change, and so on?

bieber69groper

11-22-2012

bump for the sexy man

Præsio

11-22-2012

Another question, I typically play support and find myself in a bind on whether or not I should ward the enemies jungle pre minion spawn. I've seen on streams that some people ward the bush next to wraiths at this time. Is it worth using one of the wards that I use to protect bot lane to get that spot? This is an especially hard decision for me when I run supports that start with boots (Leona and Blitz) and can only get two wards if I sacrifice potions.

Parylax

11-22-2012

Pick the jungle YOU feel has the MOST presence/roaming potential - I pick Lee sin of course

If you already can sense discord, consider trying to talk it out, or just dodge. Find a hobby you can do, 30 minutes isnt that long

bieber69groper

11-22-2012

Will you take off your shirt and maybe your pants in stream?

1234511 ... 18