What Should I Do About All These AD Champs Coming Mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oppress0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

It's clear that Riot wanted AD casters to be stronger and now they are. They did it with items for the most part so that of course opened to door to all kinds of AD champions taking a step up on the food chain. So here they are. I'm seeing no shortage of Talons, Pantheons, Lee Sins, Kha'Zix, Urgots, etc and am finding myself just trying to survive rather than thrive.

It's hard to counterpick them unless you're the dead last pick because only then will you know for sure who is going mid and even then it might be a guess. The only universally safe pick would be Cho IMO. He can stand up to pretty much anyone who would go mid and has the sustain to farm safely.

I know BC is getting nerfed but let's get real, these champs never sucked to begin with, especially mid against squishy mages, and it's rare that they would be able to stack them before the laning phase ends anyway. I don't think the nerf will make much of a difference. I think the sharks have tasted blood and will continue to bring their ADs mid. I think the meta will see a bit of a change.

Advice?

Fifth Scheme

12-11-2012

Build for sustain early - flask, health and mana pots and ward start. Choose a champ that has strong wave clear. Otherwise counter with another melee/tank champ like Cho or Singed.

The truth is that Melee casters have always and will always shred squishies. It's what they are designed to do. The meta is changing and mid may have to adapt unless you want to get countered constantly and lose ELO.

Layla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

It largely depends on who you're playing as and against. Ideally, you'll want to lane swap with your bruiser. Many APs have a range and CC advantage on them, so you can kite and poke them around until you can fully commit to a kill. Barring that, you'll need armour runes, an early chainvest, and some form of sustain.

Enfillyon

12-11-2012

my advice is to either send your bruiser mid, or stack health

i think the mistake many people are making against ad casters is that they are trying to build damage to out-trade them. if you want to survive the burst you not only have to build armor, but health as well.

just think of it this way, against a bursty assassin mage you build MR and health to mitigate their damage. Building against an AD caster is essentially the same but you substitute MR for armor and you accomplish the same goal. AD casters are terrifying because for so long they have been underwhelming but you deal with them the same way you deal with other casters because they suffer the same weakness.

That weakness is cooldowns. They need their cooldowns to do damage because lets face it, with no crit their auto attacks suck and even if they did try to auto attack you with their already slow attack speed, you have items like randuins (which has health) and Fh to slow it even more.

On a side note, i think it should be said that just because an item is OP currently, doesnt mean you can forgo building good team comps because you think you can carry off of the crutch that is the Black Cleaver. It's not a replacement for skill and by stacking a million BCs on your team with no tank youre actually hurting the team in the long run against people who built properly.

IdleAltruism

12-11-2012

Armor seals and quints and you should be fine against most AD mid. Pantheon still poses a problem (bring flask+tons of health pots and you should do fine), but Talon and the rest of the lot can't out damage that until they get a cleaver, and by then you'll be out of the danger zone.

Ryze is a strong pick against most of the AD mids. With the armor runes he will out trade them pretty hard, and he builds tanky already, so he'll scale pretty well against most of them.