Need some advice :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muved

10-12-2010

So yeah, I just started few days ago and I'm LvL 9 and I have a lot of questions !

1. On every guide I can only see Masteries and Runes for LvL 30 and I was wondering if someone can tell me some Runes and Masteries I should get.
I would like to have Runes and Masteries that would be versatile and match for all my main characters: Alistar, Ashe and Yi, so I would not have to buy a bunch of Runes and change my Masteries every time.

2. I was looking for guides for my mains on Leaguecraft and Mobafire and almost all the top rated guides were from older version.
I was wondering if you can suggest me a nice build from Leaguecraft, Mobafire, the Forum or from your own experiences. I'm mainly looking for items and strategies for my mains.

3. I would like to know what is the best Tank to tank and what are some other champions that look like Ashe and Yi.

4. Finally I would like to know if there's still a lot of LEAVER and people that does not play in team at higher LvL.

Thank you in advance

PS: Sorry for the mistakes English is not my first language.

Muved

10-12-2010

Bump ! A beginner need help!

terembura

10-12-2010

1) At low level masteries doesn't really count, just put points on the ones that upgrade your summoner spells of choice. For runes many players just wait for level 20 to be able to buy the tier 3 runes, so they don't waste IP on lower tier runes that they won't use.

If I remember correctly I always had mana preservation problems at my lower levels, so maybe try mana regen runes. Flat health runes are always good, but this whole rune thing won't really make a difference at your level. I'd suggest you to wait for at least until you can use tier 2 runes, and simply use the same rune setup that those guides suggest.

2) There are tons and tons of guides out there on those sites, and on these forums. Just read a few from the newer and highest rated ones.

3) On of the best stereotypical tanks are Shen, Amumu and maybe Rammus. They all have good initiation skills, great damage mitigation, and good crowd control skills.

Champions that similar to Ashe and Yi? Just look at a champion list, and select those who has the lowest health and highest physical damage. There are many glasscannon champions in this game.

4) At level 30 you probably won't see as many leavers as you can see now, at least in higher ranked games.

Frag Pulf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

-To be honest here runes are not the best item you should be spending IP on. It's best to start buying runes at level 20+ so you can acquire tier 3 runes. However if you must Armor Pen Marks, Dodge or flat CDR Seals, Mana Regen per levels are good for Glyphs. for Quin Armor pen or flath Hp works. Those are the basics. (Armor pen can be swapped for Magic Pen)

As far as the masteries go I suggest putting them into utility. Haste, Perseverance, and Awareness are nice choices.

-It's hard to suggest guides without knowing your playstyle. I can suggest however building Ability Power Alistar for a more support champion. For Alistar I recommend:
Sheen
Soul Shroud
Merc Treads (always a decent choice)
uhm... I'm not sure.

As for Ashe I enjoy AD Ashe.
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...he-guide.xhtml
I skimmed through the guides looking for decent item builds. Check out those builds, they are pretty solid.

Yi can be built rather similar to Ashe. Get lifesteal and AD is all I can say.

-Tank to tank? As in a tank off? I'm not sure. However if you like Ashe and Yi I say go for Pantheon, Olaf, Sivir, Trist. They are ranged/melee physical damage carries. Which seems to be your trend.

-There aren't as many idiots in higher levels, but hey, we got them every where.

I hope my answers help you. I do not normally reply to help threads but I figured it's time i started to give back to the community.

Muved

10-12-2010

Ok so I think I'm doing good on Masteries because this was what I was doing
Yeah, I looked at this guides but a lot of the top rated one are from older versions.. Some interesting guides I found about Alistar for example:
http://fr.leaguecraft.com/strategies...-alistar.xhtml from version .98
http://fr.leaguecraft.com/strategies...t-friend.xhtml from version .100
I was wondering if they were still accurate and viable with new versions.
And for characters that are similar to Yi and Ashe I was not meaning that they should have low health and high attack. I meant Ashe is a nice carry and has strong ranged attacks. Yi is deadly late game he can almost take every Champions and kill him (Well for my LvL) and he has great survivability with his Meditate so he can LvL faster.
I bought 3 Crit runes because Yi and Ashe need Crit and it really does not change a lot. So I think I'll wait but if someone still has some Runes suggestion it would be appreciate.

Thank you for your answer Terembura =P

Frag Pulf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Thanks for skipping mine.

Muved

10-12-2010

Thank you for the Runes and Masteries recommendation I'll look at it when I'll log on but I think I'll wait to get to an higher LvL before buying Runes.
I guess that if you suggested me this guide for Ashe it does not really matter if it is from version .101?
By Tank to tank I meant which Tank does really tank because I saw a lot of people using Tanks like DPS. Tristana and Pantheon look really nice
You should continue to give advices it helped me thank you !

Muved

10-12-2010

Lol I was replying to Terembura's post while you posted your post sorry :P
Also I answered to your post while you were posting again xD

Frag Pulf

10-12-2010

Well I am not sure about the guide, however the items listed at the bottom are solid choices for Ashe.

Which tanks really tank? Herm..

Well in most games Tanks are the guys who pull agro and take all the damage. So any tank with a taunt would be considered a real tank. Taunt cause either a single selected target or a group of people to focus on you using only auto-attack.

Rammus, Shen, and Gailo all have taunts and by default that makes them the basic tank structure. Rammus is my main so I highly recommend him being your main tank, however Gailo is not a force to be reckoned with.

Those three are my picks for true tanks. I would explain further but my Rammus skills are being requested in game right now.

Muved

10-12-2010

I tried Rammus while every champions were free and I really enjoyed him. I won my 3 games with him and he'll maybe be the next Champion I'll buy.
I think you understood what I meant by Tank to tank xD It's just that so much of my friends use Tank but play it like a DPS so I thought there was some Tank that were for DPS.