"And they said I lacked balance. MURAMANA."

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

Senior Member

12-11-2012

Yes. This is a Syndra thread.

The champion who on release was officially the worst in the game, winning games less than 30% of the time.

The champion who is considered a tad on the weak side even after several iterations of bugfixes and patches.

Well, now that Season 3 is out, people have realized that Syndra's ultimate, being single target, applies Muramana's toggle proc to each dark sphere she throws. It grants her ultimate far more damage scaling per sphere than ANY AP item on her (aside from maybe BFT,) and also makes her autoattacks sting (so that during Dark Sphere's CD, you can actually deal damage).

Not only that, but all her abilities can be cast while moving (meaning she can kite more efficiently than you'd expect,) she has a long-range stun, slow, and a powerful zone of control, all while abusing BFT like a boss.

So...anyone willing to share their views of Syndra? I've found her to be a bit UP but REALLY fun, but I'm finally starting to wonder if she's actually quite viable right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorUrsa

Senior Member

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
Yes. Syndra.

The champion who on release was officially the worst in the game, winning games less than 30% of the time.

The champion who is considered a tad on the weak side even after several iterations of bugfixes and patches.

Well, now that Season 3 is out, people have realized that Syndra's ultimate, being single target, applies Muramana's toggle proc to each dark sphere she throws. It grants her ultimate far more damage scaling per sphere than ANY AP item on her (aside from maybe BFT,) and also makes her autoattacks sting (so that during Dark Sphere's CD, you can actually deal damage).

Not only that, but all her abilities can be cast while moving (meaning she can kite more efficiently than you'd expect,) she has a long-range stun, slow, and a powerful zone of control, all while abusing BFT like a boss.

So...anyone willing to share their views of Syndra? I've found her to be a bit UP but REALLY fun, but I'm finally starting to wonder if she's actually quite viable right now.
Its extremely difficult if not near impossible for Syndra to finish that Muramana in a normal game length, it would have to be a close game going into the 20+ minute mark for her to even think about it, and even then, its not likely. If Nome brings down the required charges you could see this happening, but as it is, youre gimping your early game by picking up a 700 gold mana utility item only, and holding onto it until the very late game, all to make you ultimate better.

The idea behind the build was that you could build alternative items to straight AP, like a Warmogs, or tanky items, and then still make up for the loss in AP by the Muramana procs on your ult. It's really cool, but I dont see it being viable over just rushing your BFT and armor pen and maxing your CDR as quickly as you can.

If you're trying for this build, youre essentially picking up an item at the very start of the game, and keeping it as a placeholder for a very late game scenario that may never come. To me, it seems you'd be better off spending that early gold elsewhere, and keeping an eye on this build if Dominion specific changes ever come to Muramana.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

Senior Member

12-11-2012

Good luck getting Muramana in a Dominion game early enough to matter too much.

Syndra has INSANE potential. Like, off the charts. She's just way too tough, and not nearly rewarding enough. She's also very clunky, so in a fast moving, gap-closing environment, she'll get shut down too hard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

Senior Member

12-11-2012

First of all, she already likes Tear of the Goddess due to her tendency to go overboard on Mana. She can also accelerate her charge for it by spamming Q on the way to battle. I would probably finish manamune AFTER BFT and a second CDR item, though.

That being said, I understand where you guys are coming from.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeefJerkyHunter

Senior Member

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
I would probably finish manamune AFTER BFT and a second CDR item, though.
"Probably" ain't going to cut it. Test it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volandum

Senior Member

12-11-2012

Prometheius just did. I don't want to see that again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JigglyThePuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
Prometheius just did. I don't want to see that again.
Was that a "it was on my team and he did horrible" or "OH GOD I DON'T WANT THAT KILLING ME AGAIN"?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volandum

Senior Member

12-11-2012

It was on the enemy team and he didn't do too well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suzuran Turnip

Junior Member

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
I dont see it being viable over just rushing your BFT and armor pen and maxing your CDR as quickly as you can.
black cleaver syndra op


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

Senior Member

12-11-2012

Syndra
effective
dominion

Those three words just don't go together no matter how gimmicky her ult interaction with Muramana is.


123