an alliance of Diana, Zed, Morgana, and Syndra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dpaladinx

12-11-2012

Has anyone notice the similarities between Diana, Zed, Morgana, and Syndra?

• they find the societies they used to live in as very oppressive (like how Morgana sees Kayle and the heaven like place; and how Diana sees the Solari tribe repressing the power of the moon) or see the current order as "weak" (like how Syndra sees the Ionian elders and how Zed sees the Kinkou Order).
  • they suppose to serve as "evil" counterparts to some champions (Morgana to Kayle, Zed to Shen, Diana to Leona, and we have yet see the "good" counterpart to Syndra),
  • they ended up killing the authority who suppress the forbidden knowledge/power of the society (well Morgana really wants to kill her sister).
  • they found the said forbidden knowledge/power that have completely changed them.
  • the said forbidden knowledge/power is often associated with "darkness" and "shadow" (or in the case with Diana, the moon).
  • they are willing to replace/destroy the old society with the forbidden knowledge/power and are willing to kill anyone who opposes them.
  • they were once "good" people who ended being "evil" or more "antiheroic" and branded them as outcasts (at least according to the Solari tribe, the Kinkou Order, the Ionian elders, and Kayle's heaven order).
  • they don't really see themselves to be "evil" while the societies the were raised in branded them as such; and see themselves more like "embracing your dark side is like embracing your own freedom or more beneficial than embracing the old order".
  • they could be branded as "tragic villain" in some sort (Zed's and Syndra's tragic flaw is desire for power through the dark arts/magic; Diana tragic flaw is finding the power of the moon and tried to share it with the Solari tribe, only to be rejected by the Solari elders and sentenced her to death; Morgana tragedy involves mastered dark magic and find's Kayle's order to be tyrannical and oppressive). Apparently, some players may not be sympathetic to them, but they pity them for their flaws (like Darth Vader).
  • they lost some of their sanity after embracing the forbidden knowledge/power.

I think the lore should create an alliance of Diana, Zed, Morgana, and Syndra in a similar sense how there is an alliance in the Shadow Isles when Elise was released during Halloween (Elise as the leader with Karthus, Evelynn, Hecarim, Mordekaiser, and Yorick as her followers). There should be a similar alliance something like Guild of Rebellion, or Order of (Dark) Freedom, or Alliance of the Dark Arts. With Zed being the leader, and Morgana, Diana, and Syndra as the followers. They will work together to destroy the societies they were once raised in and replace them with their own. And I have a few champion ideas that involves Demacia and Master Yi's Wuju style (one champion will realize that Demacia isn't much different than Noxus when enforcing their beliefs and sees Demacia as tyrannical like Noxus and lead a violent revolution in a colony owned by Demacia because the poor in the colony are oppressed by Demacia. Another champion will be a yordle who serves a rival to Wukong and pupil to Master Yi and mastered the dark forbidden techniques known as "Dark Wuju" as means of getting approval from Master Yi, only to be rejected by Master Yi.) But I'll leave that in the champion suggestion thread.

I would love to hear someone from the Riot staff to see if Diana, Morgana, Synddra, and Zed are willing to work together to destroy the "weak" or"oppressive" they once lived in and replace them with their own. Or if Diana, Morgana, Syndra, and Zed may have some disagreements with each other.

EDIT: I want to add Varus in there as well. He's suppposed to protect an Ionian temple that have sealed some sort of dark power. But after Noxus destroyed and killed everyone in the village when he decided to protect the temple, he decided to let the dark power consume him to be powerful enough for revenge against Noxus. He probably may hate the Ionian elders as much as he hate the Noxus for the pressure the decision between saving the village from Noxian forces and guarding the temple.

EDIT 2: Okay, I'm ditching Varus on the list, as per Kyrrion.

Heliostorm

12-11-2012

Having incredible dislike for authority kind of works against joining an organization where they would be forced to obey an authority.

It's like in Batman comics when the villains decide to work together. It never works out, they'd conflict with each other too much.

DementedLord

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpaladinx View Post
while the societies the were raised in branded them as such
I don't think any of them where branded evil just unbalanced. Which is chaotic which means they defied the balance (order) others treasured. Syndra was denied her Power. Zed was kicked out of his home. Diana was branded a heretic. Morgana sees her sister as a tyrant.

All of them kinda just wanted freedom or acceptance from the look of their lores.

Kyrrion

12-11-2012

I wouldn't say Varus is evil in the least. Going by his quotes, his life is now dedicated to hunting down and killing Noxians. With his quotes of "Beware a man with nothing to lose" and "The guilty will know agony", and his title of The Arrow of Retribution, I think Varus simply doesn't care anymore. He lost everything to the Noxians and his sole focus is probably kill any Noxian possible.

In the end, I think Varus fights for Ionia but only to fulfill his revenge against Noxus. He's a good guy with complications. I really don't see why Varus would have any grudge against the Ionian Elders at all.

Melancholy Exile

12-12-2012

All questions have been taken from champion AMAs and all answers are courtesy of RiotRunaan:

What does Zed think of Diana? Both of them have had hardships with getting others to accept a newfound revelation.

Quote:
Zed and Diana are both very single-minded about their goals, so I doubt they spend a lot of time sympathizing with each other. If they were ever to open up, they might find some common ground.
Quote:
I talked about this a bit before. Their lives certainly have had some similarities, but they have little reason to interact. On top of that, both of them are pursuing their goals, which are pretty far removed from each other, as no connection between the Order of Shadow and the Lunari was intended.
Would he ally himself with either Syndra or Diana? All three champs have similar situations in their backstories and might get along.

Quote:
Syndra perhaps. They both have similar goals for upheaval in Ionia; they both reject the concept of balance and restraint. Diana, likely not.
Syndra's lore places her in almost a "Dark Queen" sort of archetype. She is a power-hungry sorceress that lives in a floating castle and wants to destroy the kingdom of Ionia (It all sounds very Grimm Brothers or Lloyd Alexander-esque). So, does she have any minions to speak of? Some sort of army or something? How exactly does she plan on taking down the Ionians?

Quote:
As of the end of her bio, she doesn't have any minions, but as I alluded to earlier with Annie, I think it's possible that she could enlist the help of or mentor others that she sees as kindred spirits. I worry about how she'd act as a teacher, though...
Would Diana and Morgana get along? They both were exiled from their societies for being different, so they may share some common ground.

Quote:
I think so, yes. If I had to choose a possible "ally" for Diana, it'd be Morgana.
Quote:
Yes, I definitely think Diana and Morgana could be "grumblebuddies," as a coworker put it the other day.
So ... the potential is there, I suppose. The major issue would be finding a way to actually bring all four of them together, when they're not exactly a natural fit and aren't exactly the sympathetic types.

Peffern

12-17-2012

So I was doing some thinking earlier (of you experienced power outages that would be why) and I realized that the current depiction of most of these champions is deeply flawed (in my opinion). Out of all the champions in the league, a considerably small number are actually evil. Either they're loyal to someone with unfavorable morals or they're "misunderstood."
Syndra aside, Diana is still trying to spread equality. Morgana is trying to restore justice, and Zed is just pissed at Shen and his father. I feel like they could be more "evil" if they got together.

Sounds good.

Blizzaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

I doubt Morgana would even acknowledge the others, let alone 'follow' anyone.

ZodiarkSavior

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidria View Post
I doubt Morgana would even acknowledge the others, let alone 'follow' anyone.
Yet she made an agreement with the Summoner's of the League of Legends

Xulsigae

12-21-2012

Syndra is just petulant. She scared the heck out of Ionia by being reckless, killed the mentor who was helping her not be so reckless (partially by reducing her powers), and now expects to be allowed to be reckless on a global scale? Hardly a role model for a social misfit that can be pitied and sided with.

The Illusionaryy

12-26-2012

Elise wouldn't be the leader of them. It'd most likely be Morde or Hecarim.