Who is the best jungler in Season 3?

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PvE

01-21-2013

King volibear

Elodin

01-21-2013

Vi is a really good jungler. Pre-6 ganks aren't amazing, but she can clear camps crazy fast later on and has good damage with a strong ganking ult.

Madraac

01-21-2013

For counter-jungling:

Udyr
Shaco
Nunu
Elise

Those 4 are the best overall imo for counter jungling, but not necessarily for jungling. Udyr is on the list due to his extremely fast clear times and sustain. Shaco and elise both due to fast clears, stealth to get in and out, as well as good overall abilities to win, even late game. However, they both have higher learning curves to be played effectively in my opinion, and you have to know when to dive in, and when to bail out.

Nunu is great at counter jungling, offers a slow in team fights, but I find him almost useless otherwise. I have not seen a Nunu jungler in a long time that made me regret he/she was on the other team. However, to your original post, he needs to be mentioned regardless.

XxxLumberJackxxX

01-21-2013

ummmm..... madraac you left off Mundo.....

patolegend

01-21-2013

no love for skarner in this thread?

patolegend

01-21-2013

no love for skarner in this thread? i think he's a pretty useful jungle to have especially post 6

XxxLumberJackxxX

01-22-2013

The skarner nerf/bug fix whatever they called it hurt him harder than it looks. Being able to flash away from his ultimate killed him.

themaddscientist

01-22-2013

I play Maokai and Nunu as my main junglers and love what both bring to team fights. Both of them are really nice for how I like to play, and have different strengths on the side. I can lead team fights with both. I can tank a huge amount of damage with both of them by stacking health and grabbing a Runic Bulwark and Frozen Heart. Sometimes I'll get Glacial Shroud for them. Nunu has less teamfighting presence than Maokai, but there are few things more satisfying than flashing into entire teams and ulting them all. I highly recommend both of them.

Chopinator

01-22-2013

I have had the best luck with Xin and Cho.

Xin has better early ganks due to his gap closer\slow and knock up.

Cho is just a beast last game and once you hit 6 he is the best counter jungler imo.

Maok and Malph are nice late game (if you can get there with some farm) but they are sooooo slow and weak to start games that you can decimate them early.

Nunu is nice as well, Havent had a chance to do ranked with him yet tho.

On the opposite side, some junglers I dont have:
Lee, Shiv or Skarner all seem so strong in the jungle early. Lee seems to fall off late game some but Skarner and Shiv stay strong through out.

Noc is also strong but I feel like he falls off similarly to Lee late game.

Vi seems strong through out games and her ability to go over walls without having to jump to wards\minions is very nice, you almost can go Smite\Ignite on her. Her armor reduction helps in team fights.

I have seen a few Darius jungle lately, His pull\true damage is so strong.....

These are the only one's I have personally played or played against more than once and I am low elo so not sure how applicable it is.

Daaav3

01-22-2013

Only a few mentions of Vi?

I play Vi a lot and rarely see her fail at jungling, She has by far the fastest clear, due to her strong E, the burst skill, and is really hard to kill if you build off tank. yes, her pre-6 ganks aren't the best, but if you know how to play her and have a lanes with a stun, she can be deadly pre-6. Also, late game she doesn't fall off like some champs, such as Shaco, Skarner, and etc. Honestly, people should play her more often as a junglier. She may have a good harass in the lane, but overall dominates the jungle.

Oh, I forgot counter-jungling. She destroys anyone with high armor/HP. So that is always a plus.

1234567 ... 11