Wondering about Lockouts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dustiy

12-11-2012

I don't know if this subject has already been covered but as for the immense genius it must have taken to create the lockout timers I must assume that it has. I understand the need to punish players for quitting an already started game but why are we punished when we are still in the process of creating the game in the "Lock in" screen and realize that we picked the wrong map. We canceled and then get locked out for several minutes. This process makes absolutely no sense to me. There should only be a lockout penalty if you quit or disconnect from an already started and active game, Not if you go back to change your map. Anyone else feel this way?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

12-11-2012

Letting people 'queue dodge' as it is known, creates scenarios where you have to wait significantly longer to actually start a game. If you weren't ready to play the game, waiting a bit shouldn't be an issue.

The problem is that most people want to dodge when 'they lost at champion select.' That is, when someone on their team picked a champion they think is weak, didn't pick who they wanted them to, or refuses to let them play a singular role. The problem with leaving at that point, is that the majority of the time, they're flat out wrong. If you're at the level where people aren't playing with a jungler, then the enemy team is quite likely to have sub-optimal choices on their end. Sure they might have a jungler, but they might have iffy synergy or no AD.