New to Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramen Noodle

12-11-2012

I've been 30 for quite a few months now, but i've been scared to venture into ranked and just doing normal drafts all the time. Any advice or tips anyone can give that will help me know if i'm ready to try or not?

Wobbles the cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Play it, i went from 30 to ranked, straight down to 1000 elo then kept playing and went up to now 1900

Dasher64

12-11-2012

Well in ranked its really not much different from a normal imo. But the thing is that there are a lot more ragers in ranked looking to get higher elo and will critize you for every mistake and the occasional trollers. But if your debating whether to do ranked or not you should go try it. It doesnt matter if you lose a lot of elo but the benefit is that you will find the skill level you will be at. And if you want practice before playing a ranked game try to play a normal draft.

Ramen Noodle

12-11-2012

Already doing alot of normal drafts and i do really well at most roles with multiple champs the one issue i seem to have is my CS..i get zoned out easily it feels but jungle and other mechanics i'm solid at. I'm just worried about dragging down others if i'm really not ready

Dasher64

12-11-2012

If your worried about learning to cs im pretty sure there are lots of guides and videos teaching you how to cs and if your still not feeling well at csing then just early call jungle to play it since jungle seems to be your strong point

Dasher64

12-11-2012

Also i would recommend maining like 2-3 or main champs that can play multilanes and is very adaptable to situations. Play a lot of games with them up to 100-200 imo but it could be less if you want. Learn the champs mechanics and go play them in ranked. Also dont pick overpowered champs because most likely they will be banned in ranked.

Ramen Noodle

12-11-2012

Well if i do jungle i main Rammus and Nocturne atm with 3-4 other champs i can use behind that just not at the same skill lvl as those 2 (WW, Kayle, Maokai, Xin if wondering)

Selcopa

12-11-2012

If you want to play ranked then absolutely you should play ranked. Are there more ragers? Yeah probably, but the fastest way to learn to win is to put yourself in more competitive environments.

Its important to accept that you might get placed at a level lower then you might of hoped for. Don't be discouraged, keep practicing, a lot of people feel like they belong higher, but in reality they aren't good enough. Once you play around 100 games you will have a pretty good idea of where you belong. Play normals to practice things you aren't comfortable with. And then bring that new tool to ranked.

Thorston13

12-11-2012

Just learn the common bans, how to counterpick and master at least 2 champs for each role.
Sincerely raked is a bit changed from normal, but it's the same game.

Ronyk

12-11-2012

Be sure to communicate with your team. Not just in game, but beforehand as well. Find out what everybody on your team is good at, and counter appropriately. There are champions I like to call "noob traps". Champions that are very good, and ones pros will ban, but not everybody will be good with one.

What I mean is, sometimes your opponent will pick Tyrndamere up top, just because Tyrndamere wasn't banned. This player may just be terrible with him.

Find out who your team is afraid of, and ban those champs, even if it means lettings some scrub on the enemy team take Shaco/Shen/Alistar(BAN)/Morgana.

Learn to play at least three lanes.

It's not about just winning your lane, it's about winning the game. It won't help if you're a fed maniac who won't help out poor Renekton up top, who's getting his butt handed to him by Garen.

Sight is power. It is primarily the support's job to ward, but if you buy an item, have more than 74gp left in your inventory, and don't buy a ward, you're doing it wrong.

Last but not least: Don't give up. That simple. Don't click yes on that surrender button. You never know what'll happen. (My first time playing TT we were getting our butts wrecked, then, when all was lost, all three of our opponents DC'd for a few minutes. We pushed like we were giving birth, they reconnected, got us out of the base. Our next push, we won. Turned out, they were all on the same internet and something crashed. Just goes to show, you'll never know what'll happen)