The 5 Core Thematic Skill Areas of League of Legends

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akamai

12-12-2012

Well done OP.

phatcat09

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamai View Post
Well done OP.
I have to admit I'm surprised by the support.

Zankman

12-12-2012

Bump.

So much knowledge.

Also, thanks for the "how to counter Lee" tip. Any tips for countering Ezreal?

Also, something that can help me by "looking from the opposite point of view" - how to counter Renekton? I often play him, but I rarely play against him. Knowing what (possibly) makes me lose Top as him would help me.

phatcat09

12-12-2012

I updated it to reflect how I feel the importance of each section is.

Instead of 1 2 3 4 5 the sections are now labeled (Passive, Q,W,E,R)

Updating writing to reflect change.

Akamai

12-12-2012

I believe that one of the harder skills to teach a new player is just the general champion capabilities (and what the dangerous spell particles are) of your opponents.

This gets more complicated with additional champions and skins with different spell particles.

A friend of mine plays Morgana all the time, yet 90% of the time they use Black Shield in a preemptive way instead of in a reactive manner.

We talk about it but it's something I can't teach effectively (Point 5).

Zankman

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamai View Post
A friend of mine plays Morgana all the time, yet 90% of the time they use Black Shield in a preemptive way instead of in a reactive manner.
Unless I misunderstood you, reacting in a preemptive manner doesn't have to be negative, no?

If he simply does that most of the time, seemingly without the possibility to do it in a reactive manner, then yes, you can see that as a flaw and barrier of sorts.

JannaSummoner

12-12-2012

OP here -- I was just forum banned I'm going to guess it's because I was bumping my own threads. Sorry everyone....||

There are a lot of spelling grammar errors I want to fix, but can't sorry.

Zankman

12-12-2012

Well that is unfortunate.

Best Furry NA

12-12-2012

Might want to talk about... Well I guess you can't since forum banned, but if that's ever lifted, perhaps the process of evaluating teammates? Both in that you must early on figure out if they are "good" or "bad" so you can gauge their skill level, and also know how their skills synergize with yours.

Example. I recently won a game as Akali. Akali is a new champion for me, but I feel like I kinda got ahold of her fast. Doesn't matter really. We had a jungle Jax. Now, normally, against a mid Morde who was slightly fed (I switched with our mid; I was having trouble with an aggressive Teemo), I would back off if he is half health, and Jax and I are at a quarter or less. Scrapshield is a perfect bait tool, and this Morde knew what he was doing. However, our jungle Jax was REALLY aggressive. I didn't want to let him down. It seemed like a bad idea, but I trusted him and myself. If he was going in, so was I-- I wasn't about to sacrifice him, he was doing his job. His KDR was greatly negative, but he racked up plenty of assists and was doing well. Moving on... He jumps in, I ulti to Morde (3 charges so "ulti" isn't a big deal here). We killed him. Jax died due to about 1-2 too many minion hits-- he nearly survived. I survived. I proceeded to get a decent KDR (not the best, Akali is a new champion for me), Jax's death wasn't a big deal since he wasn't in the shape to snowball, and we gave Morde one of his few deaths that game. It was a close match but we won.

Analyzing your teammates abilities, both as players and as their own champions, will really put you ahead.

JannaSummoner

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankman View Post
Well that is unfortunate.
Lol you're telling me I've spent two weeks writing this and now when it's done I can't even support it.

12345678 ... 12