Do you feel League is newb friendly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desmond Law

11-30-2013

I don't mean community wise, LoL will forever be a place of trolls and ragers.
What I mean are items. Will a newb be able to pick up on the nuances of needing to buy a trinket? Learning about jungle items and jungle paths? Heck, the differences between ability power and attack damage? Sure some people can pick up a game and rock it to diamond, but for the rest of us casual plebeians, is this game easy to pick up?

When I first joined, I played Veigar and built an Infinity Edge and got pounded by the enemy Tryndamere. Can we have some sort of tutorial that teaches more in-depth things like "Green colors on your skills info tab means is scales with ability power. Orange with Attack Damage, Red with health, blue for mana."

You guys did a tiny step by implementing "tips" in the loading screen, but you fill it with useless stuff like "Nautilus's dance is him swimming. Lol"

ArcDriveFinish

11-30-2013

Definitely in season 4 where you don't even need to ****ing lasthit to get 40k gold.

Jikker

11-30-2013

Noobs will forever be doomed to build Runaans -- fact

CommandShockwave

11-30-2013

I thought they covered some of that stuff in the tutorials now?

Desmond Law

11-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcDriveFinish View Post
Definitely in season 4 where you don't even need to ****ing lasthit to get 40k gold.
It took me a while to realize that you had to last hit. I always thought you just dealt damage to it and if it died, you got gold.

Desmond Law

11-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Schtiffles View Post
I thought they covered some of that stuff in the tutorials now?
Really? I haven't tried that for a while. I'll check it to see if they updated it.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2013

I've gotten several of my friends into the game, and the learning process is the opposite of easy. The genre is definitely not casual or newcomer friendly. There's so many little things we take for granted since we know how to play that someone completely ignorant of the game or the genre will have difficulty with. Do you know how many times I've had to explain attack-move?

SPARKAMUS PRIME

11-30-2013

Considering people that have played this game for so long still buy **** items, noobs will be noobs until they put fort effort to not be.

GrumpyKatze

11-30-2013

It can't be half as bad as Dota.

I mean

A secret shop?

REALLY?

FFS All is OP

11-30-2013

not really... the tutorial needs major updates