Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elo hell does NOT exist - experience/tips.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OctagonalOstrich

12-11-2012

Hi there. I was stuck around 1200 Elo for quite a while last year and like alot of others blamed my team mates and searched for a way out of this cursed "Elo hell". I then put my big boy pants on and realized it was up to me. I searched guides, watched replays and found out how to become a better player, eventually reaching a peak Elo of 1900 on my main, Wobbles the cat. Some would say its luck, but when I recieved a 2 week ban I played on my friends account. I reached 1800 within the 2 week period, then, after recieving a permanent ban (l0l) I created a new account and am at 1750 and climbing. So, my advice is Elo hell does not exist, and it is 100% up to you to carry yourself out. I had my fair share of leavers and trolls but I played well enough and consistently enough to escape it. So, if you think you're in Elo hell odds are you aren't at fault, but you aren't carrying yourself out either. Have fun! Leave a reply if you disagree/have a different opinion/have something to ask.

BustInAButt

12-11-2012

That's not Elo Hell... Make it back from 600 elo and then make this post. If someone's true elo is around 1300 or 1400 and they were unfortunate enough during their placement matches to be paired with afkers or trolls and ended up around 800 elo or less they would have a VERY hard time carrying themselves to their true elo. Why? take it from someone who has been there... its hell.

Dory

12-11-2012

didn't sleepy tank his smurf to like 600 and then bump it up to like plat or something? He did a whole stream on it

OctagonalOstrich

12-11-2012

If you are skilled at around 1300 but are at 600 if you continually play you will rise. If you play consistently well that means that if everyone else in the game is at a 600 level your team has the advantage. Also if you don't troll that means the other team has a 5/9 chance of getting a troll because you only have four wild cards whereas their team has 5. Only terrible luck can hold you at 600, but you got yourself there in the first place because I refuse to believe that If you play at a 1300 level pure unluckiness has gotten you to 600.

Boodies

12-11-2012

not sure there is an elo hell other than yourself playing bad, making bad choices. I lost the first 10 games this season literally 0-10 and now I am at 26-28.

I think one of the key is to find a good partner, good luck!

Thorston13

12-11-2012

Well the elo hell doesn't exists really, last season the most i got up to was 1050 and right now im at 1098, but i dropped from 1185 because i went stupid and tried out runes+masteries and builds in ranked.

Little Dead Red

12-11-2012

Try 550 Elo =/

All Delete

12-11-2012

Last season, I gave up on my other acc with my shear luck. Hit 30, decent champion variety and pages. Win the first 3 games, and then over a 2 day period lost the next 7, each one having leavers/afk.

Im sure the odds are equally distributed to both teams, Myself and those who stayed through those 7 games probably just drew the short end of the stick.

ewren3

12-11-2012

I'm a 1900 elo player this season and last, and I completely agree. It is up to you to carry yourself out. Also those who say "Oh, try 600", well, I've played multiple games on a 400 elo account and they were all ridiculously easy for me to win. The best thing you can do is try to learn from every game you play and try to beat your lane first and then help other lanes out and take objectives.