Problem with Honor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cheesesandw1ch

12-11-2012

Okay I really don't get this honor system anymore.

I don't care if I get the badge or not and I really don't care how much honor I get.

I strive to be the best and most helpful player in every single game with or without the hanging carrot of honor.

BUT I am really confused by the concept. Let me get this clear I rarely queue with friends and when we do we don't honor each other. So its safe to say that 90%+ of all my honors are from strangers.

I have 62 honorable opponents, and 101 teamworks. However I got my honorable opponent as early as 40 honors! But my teamwork one I never got.

How does it work do you only get one type of band or honor? And if so why isn't it teamwork I have more of that.

Please clarify the concept for me

Kind Regards and in advance thanking you for your time,
The Delicious cheesesandwich.

cheesesandw1ch

12-11-2012

bumpercars!

ValorAndGlory

12-11-2012

Short answer is yes you only, so far, get one type of honor band and it is whatever you reach the most in first.

cheesesandw1ch

12-11-2012

Thanks for the answer

Thread closed!

May it drown in peace.

ValorAndGlory

12-11-2012

No problem, I do my best to answer the questions I know.

Eleven13

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValorAndGlory View Post
Short answer is yes you only, so far, get one type of honor band and it is whatever you reach the most in first.
Then what does a lit up champion picture mean at the loading screen? Because I've seen people with honor bands and highlighted champion picture.

Grimskuldar

12-12-2012

I have a problem with the honor system as well. I just found that there is a cap to the honor I give out. Why? Why can I not just give people honor as I see fit? Seems to detract from the end result of making a better community.

ValorAndGlory

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by qourthon View Post
I have a problem with the honor system as well. I just found that there is a cap to the honor I give out. Why? Why can I not just give people honor as I see fit? Seems to detract from the end result of making a better community.
The reason behind why they have a limit on the amount of honor you can give out is also a simple answer, it is mainly to prevent honor trading, but also it is your own private opinion pool for lack of a better way to say it. In other words a player that honors at least two people a game every game will give that player less honor, while mister hard to impress only honors a person every six or so games boosts the others players honor higher.

Besides, you don't need to find someone to honor every game for each reason, you mainly should be honoring those players that truly make your game a better experience while, and even after, you are playing.

Hoping this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven13 View Post
Then what does a lit up champion picture mean at the loading screen? Because I've seen people with honor bands and highlighted champion picture.
I am not sure I know what you mean. Next time you see a highlighted gamer picture press F12 and post the screen shot. Because the only time I see a "highlighted" picture is when that player has a ranked elo border.

Eleven13

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValorAndGlory View Post
The reason behind why they have a limit on the amount of honor you can give out is also a simple answer, it is mainly to prevent honor trading, but also it is your own private opinion pool for lack of a better way to say it. In other words a player that honors at least two people a game every game will give that player less honor, while mister hard to impress only honors a person every six or so games boosts the others players honor higher.

Besides, you don't need to find someone to honor every game for each reason, you mainly should be honoring those players that truly make your game a better experience while, and even after, you are playing.

Hoping this helps.

I am not sure I know what you mean. Next time you see a highlighted gamer picture press F12 and post the screen shot. Because the only time I see a "highlighted" picture is when that player has a ranked elo border.
Hmm...maybe the ranked elo border is what I'm talking about? What does a ranked elo border refer to?

But yeah I'll try and get a screenshot the next time I see it, I don't see them often that's why I was wondering what it meant.

Grimskuldar

12-12-2012

I just don't see the reason for the cap, and after reaching it, I don't feel like giving ANY honor at all.