Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Client] [Major] Can't play games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoveHateSexPain

12-11-2012

As of right now, 12/17/12, I experience this issue on both Live and PBE:

Upon trying to join a game, the only options for PvP, Co-op vs. AI, Custom, and Tutorials is Summoner's Rift 5v5 and Twisted Treeline 3v3. There is no play/invite/solo/duo menu that pops up.

http://i49.tinypic.com/mrag4g.jpg

EDIT: Seeing how this post has come back alive due to a lot of people experiencing this issue, I will compile all useful information into this post for convenience.

Most likely, it is a problem with your sound card. But please, read on.

Solution 1:

Quote:
vLemon:
Did you try to repair your installation or re-install the PBE client?

It is not your account -
Quote:
Dielyn:
Same here, tried repairing and reinstalling, neither has worked.

Edit: Also tried logging in with a buddy's PBE account to see if it was account related, but same issue.

Solution 2:
Quote:
vLemon:
So, you patched today and still the same thing? Can you upload your air logs? Instructions on how to get those here (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20076987-league-of-legends-logs).

Maybe those don't hold any information. It could be your sound card causing the issue, as I KNOW mine is whacked.
Quote:
Laggo The Clown:
I may have figured this out.

I was having this problem after the application of the patch before this new one. I'm still having it.

My LoL worked fine before this until season 1.

The only notable difference I know is that my sound card is currently being identified as "disabled" as I am temporarily switched to a monitor without speakers.

I decided to investigate and plug in headphones to reactivate my sound card, which immediately allowed the menu to show the join game buttons.

I assume the code is waiting for the execution of the sound effect to display the options or something like that, which is being blocked by the non-existant sound card.

For those of you with this problem, do you have a valid sound output source?

Interestingly, once I return to having no sound device they still remain up (even if I switch to profile / mastery windows) until I close the window. If I open LoL with no sound device, I get this problem every time.

If that fails... Solution 3:
Quote:
vLemon:
Can you guys upload your dxdiag logs? Info on how to do that here (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20100477-obtaining-a-direct-x-diagnostic-or-dxdiag).

For this reason:
Quote:
vLemon:
Save them in a txt file and upload that. Basically what i want to see if your sound device is working correctly because many people have mentioned that they have issues with them.

I hope this helps and we can all have our problems resolved. I will compile whatever I feel is necessary. For more information, here is another large thread you can look through:
Quote:
Jaysoawesome:
I'm just gonna bump this, please take not of this thread aswell.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2903440

vLemon

QA Analyst

12-11-2012

Did you try to repair your installation or re-install the PBE client?

LoveHateSexPain

12-11-2012

I'm repairing the installation now, I'll be back in a couple of hours and if that doesn't work I will uninstall and reinstall it. I guess this is a bump for other suggestions.

El Draka

12-11-2012

/offtopic Cool Summoner Name

LoveHateSexPain

12-11-2012

25 minute repair, not bad. However that did not solve my problem. I have to head out but I'll set up the install now and when I return I'll finish it all up.

Minokinz

12-11-2012

Yeah, i have an unreplied to thread about this exact problem. let me know if reinstallation works because i have already tried repairing.

LoveHateSexPain

12-11-2012

The looong installation process has begun. I will let you know how it goes once it has completed.

Jersderken

12-11-2012

I've had this same problem. I've tried reinstalling and repairing but it didn't work for me.

Dielyn

12-11-2012

Same here, tried repairing and reinstalling, neither has worked.

Edit: Also tried logging in with a buddy's PBE account to see if it was account related, but same issue.

MaiFirstTime

12-11-2012

It didn't work for me but when my friend logged into his account he could join games and create games, he created a custom game and i could join it but after i finish the custom game he would invite me but i wouldnt get the invite nor could i join/play games on my own :/