Release Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holyuberheal

10-12-2010

Is it ujst me or does Riot tend to be kind of slow with any patch / release notes? I'd honestly prefer if when I saw a patch downloading, such as today I could got to leagueoflegends.com and BAM I could look at the most recent notes. I just don't understand why it's not like that to be honest. Any explanations?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

10-12-2010

Patch notes for their bi weekly patches are in the announcements section before the patch goes live.
Todays was a hotfix for a crash issue and some minor air updates that Riot feels doesn't merit patch notes, since the patchnotes are still accurate. Nothing was changed in game

Crobot

10-12-2010

They never have release notes for non-major patches. It's probably just bugfixes like the game crash bug when someone messages you with a foreign character.

Holyuberheal

10-12-2010

ok ty, I'd honestly like to know which bugs got fixed though so i know which ones can be exploited against me though =P.

cxlo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
Patch notes for their bi weekly patches are in the announcements section before the patch goes live.
Todays was a hotfix for a crash issue and some minor air updates that Riot feels doesn't merit patch notes, since the patchnotes are still accurate. Nothing was changed in game
It'd still be a good idea to tell people that...What if we had just downloaded and installed a patch that Riot did not implement? Could have been bad.... It's always good to let your consumers know what changes are made to your product even if they are minor. Every other major game title does this.

IvyLoL Bobvader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxlo View Post
It'd still be a good idea to tell people that...What if we had just downloaded and installed a patch that Riot did not implement? Could have been bad.... It's always good to let your consumers know what changes are made to your product even if they are minor. Every other major game title does this.
How is someone going to deploy a patch to your computer besides riot. Its not something super simple that anyone can just do, and I am sure riot would catch it before it went public

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

10-12-2010

If someone hacked the entire distribution network, they can hack an annoucement