Which Slay Belle Katarina recall animation should be used?

The original pole dance animation. 161 76.30%
The new slice the candycane animation. 9 4.27%
Neither they both are horrible. 32 15.17%
I don't care... 9 4.27%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] Slay Belle Katarina Recall Animation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plasmafrog

12-11-2012

Christ, that's some quality animating.

Neo Cyrus

12-11-2012

The slicing the candy cane is just... lame, it's probably the worst recall animation in the game.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

I want the dance back, but since that will not happen I want the base skin recall, the current new recall can't be any more bland and horrible.

Komeiji Koishi

12-11-2012

This is almost exactly like the time they changed the name of Lux's ult. First it was Finales Funkeln, which was a great German sounding name, then it was Infinite Light, which was pretty terrible, and eventually the Reds settled on Final Spark as a compromise. Of course, they wouldn't let us choose to revert back to the original name, but I guess we would have to accept that sooner or later.

Same thing here: the original dance was good, they scrapped that and settled on a lame one, and now they're going to have to come up with a pretty good compromise again to appease the masses.

Thrillseekers

12-11-2012

Honestly, the new animation seems like it should be a taunt animation. Just watching it, I can see her using some stupid play with words (for those that remember, evil spelled backwards is live, no coincidence) while cutting through that candy cane. "Come on over and I'll cut you a nice treat."

The old recall animation was much better, and added a very nice flair to this skin.

Hazdoc

12-11-2012

the candycane cut looks dumb

but so did the first recall animation :/

Crollus

12-11-2012

To be fair that video of the new recall animation is garbage simply because recalling takes half the time on Dominion as it does on SR. The entire animation, after the candy-cane falls to the ground, has Katarina striking her usual pose as she does in all of her other skins. Still, not an improvement and I still prefer the pole dance because I know what a grain of salt is and I can handle one or two of them every once in a while but I digress.

That said, what I still don't like about the new recall animation is that not only does it feel slow and choppy - but this can be solved with polish - it feels like Riot was trying for some lame tongue-in-cheek reference to the recall animation the skin had before. The problem with such an obscure, poorly made reference - if it is intended to be a reference - is that 1) there are very few people who will actually get that reference over time as not every league player views the forums or goes on the pbe and 2) it fails at being even slightly funny.

What would I like to see? Well maybe a batch of seasonal skins that doesn't have a ****ty outfit for once. We already have Candy Cane Miss Fortune and Mistletoe Leblanc wearing the naughty Santa's helper outfits, are we really going to get the same idea on a different champion every year and be expected to consider that creative?(unless it's on Mundo. Mundo wears what he pleases and we must accept that about him.)

However, with the train of ****ty thought, Riot, let's be honest. Google search naughty santa's helper (safe search optional) and what do you get? Hundreds of thousands of pictures of women wearing the exact outfit you have put on Katarina. So please don't expect us to believe you when you said that a ****ty poledance doesn't fit the bill of what you envisioned with the creation of this skin when that's exactly what the outfit is all about. Ribbons on knee-high socks, a skirt barely capable of covering the naughty bits and cloth struggling to restrain a less than modest display of cleavage is "only playful" if the dictionary you're looking at was written by Playboy.

Jung SooYeonn

12-11-2012

I respect Riot, and I understanding their reasoning for removing the original, but I feel like the new animation lacks something special, it looks.. boring..

FourFuN TOoT

12-11-2012

riot respectless against strippers. what would stripper say? thanks riot you dont like our job, so you changed the animation.....

Googiegames

12-12-2012

The old animation ain't coming back... Could you consider re-adjusting your poll to add this option?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2892948