How much is too much? (Kiting)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Hi! I generally main Support/ ADC and I was wondering a few things about the ADC role.

Recently I've been confronted with the problem that the enemy team will try to kill me! Well isn't that how it's supposed to be? The thing is I end up doing much more kiting than attacking. I know how to attack move and I do, but it generally is not enough.

For example, two games ago the enemy Udyr, Alistar, Yorick, and Garen would make it their primary goal to chase down and kill me (little Tristana). My poor little yordle soul was scared to death. In the following game I was focused down by the enemy Lee Sin+Akali+Veigar (Probably should have gone Banshee Veil+Maw here since Akali was so strong).

I was just wondering at what point do you start auto attacking rapidly if you are constantly being zoned into kiting? In the first of the examples I was able to kite to a point where I would clean up their team, but I felt as though I was deserting my team too long. As for the second example... the enemy Teemo would face roll my team before I could get close (despite feeding me in bottom lane lol).

Uncanny Doom

12-11-2012

You start auto attacking when you can do it safely, but you should never stop moving. This is one of the finer aspects of playing AD Carry. You can tell who really knows what they're doing and who doesn't when you see people moving between attacks. Keep in mind that chasing and tunnel vision is bad in this game, and if a team is really chasing after you hard then your team should be able to punish them for it.

As an AD Carry, it's your job to position yourself the best you can with what you're given. Be mindful of what people chasing you can do, it's not worth stopping to attack if a champion can get in a brutal gap closer and kill you or just damage you enough to make you trying to fight too risky. This is just something that comes with experience from playing against the multitude of champions in the game.

Quote:
In the first of the examples I was able to kite to a point where I would clean up their team, but I felt as though I was deserting my team too long.
If people are chasing you it's your team's job to protect you and peel. If anything, it sounds like they deserted you.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

@Uncanny Doom
I guess I have the right idea then. Now that I look back, I think the main issue was the team compositions. Considering that top and mid had nearly the same gold as our support, they were left behind due to a lack of utility skills.