Why no urgots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GPEternity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Urgot got so much buffer from the new items. THe build most people ran on him was manamune brutalizer FH to begin with, and both muramana and brutalizer got huge buffs, and they work perfectly on him. He can even pack ice fist over FH if he wanted.

His E has its own armor redux, and its a physical dot so it'll max out BC stacks by itself. After you include LW into his build, he maxes out at a total of 66% armor redux/pen before flat pen is even applied.

Muramana's passive procs on his Q's giving him even more damage.

Not to pention, just landing his E on multiple targets in a teamfight applies up to 44% armor reduction for all of his teammates to benefit from.

Rykaal

12-11-2012

Outside of laning phase, his damage is sort of lacking, Early game he is just a bully mid lane and not much else, But he can AD carry also. But when early game ends, the only thing he has going for him is his ult. And most of the time his ult will throw him into a bad spot. Just to kill 1 carry. Also his Q does minimal damage if the enemy stacks armor.

And his basic attack range is ridiculously small, meaning he won't be able to get into range to start hitting them. All he can do is E and fire a few Q's at a target. Not much afterwards since his basic attacks are kind of weak.

Just alot of other champions out play him in almost every way. He was also hit with 1 to many nerfs from what I saw.

Thanks if this helped. always fun to see others being interested in Urgot. And hopefuly more people will start using him again, since he is free this week.

I wouldn't consider him bad, but he doesn't fit into alot of teams to well. Use him as a counter pick like I do. Never first pick him, he is easily countered.

Voyles

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPEternity View Post
just landing his E on multiple targets in a teamfight applies up to 44% armor reduction for all of his teammates to benefit from.
That's all he has and it doesn't really help him, only his team mates. And needs to last long for auto-target Q; only can get off 2 if you are lucky and Q does minimal damage. Believe me, I want to play him, but he can't seem to hang mid or late game with anyone.

iPandaN

12-11-2012

Urgot is very viable, imo. Had a 69% winrate with him beginning of the new Elo-reset. Down to 59% now, but that happens naturally, but he can carry now. I don't like the new manamune on him though, unless i'm taking him top. I usually play him bot with Soraka, and just zone the other ADC out of lane. Soraka + Urgot completely wrecks any botlane such as Nunu Vayne. Scepter doesn't help vayne, cause she can't auto attack to regen, because Urgot's AOI is so large. As for the comment about his ult, his ult is very strong, you don't have to use it to swap their ADC to your team and you die in theirs.

I feel this is a misunderstanding as his ult is amazing at cleaning up or when you catch people alone. He has built in Sheild/Mallet and procs sheen very easily. I build him Tabi, BC, Triforce (then switch out for mercs), LW, then whatever you see fit. I've had great success with it so far.

Meshly

12-11-2012

I would but a lot of people pick ADC a lot. Unless you want me to go top with him, which then I have no excuse not to.

PrismMage

12-11-2012

It's the ugly champ effect

Ezreal would not be played as much if he looked like urgot.

SunKiIIMoon

12-11-2012

No boobs, is fat, kit just isn't 'fun' for me after 15 minutes, Ulti is cool..sorta..I guess......wait it kinda sucks TBH