Seriously? 30 Minutes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elvenlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Why is it that I have to leave a ranked game because of two trolls and I get punished for 30 minutes? Are you trying to make sure no one wants to play this game again?
I haven't left a game in months, I haven't trolled, flamed or anything for months and yet when I have to leave a game or lose the ELO I have been trying really hard to get to I get banned for 30 minutes from playing a game?
---
The Story
---
I banned Morgana for obvious reasons but I didn't notice the Mid player calling morgana mid.
So he proceeds to say he will troll and just go support bot when I already chose Taric bottom and said Duo Support bottom. His friend chose Soraka and told everyone to pick supports.

One - Chose Soraka after having a Support picked
Two - Started the trolling then insta locked Ryze and laughed saying how you going to report me now?

We had no ADC and two trolls in the game. The only logical thing to do was leave the game which I had no choice to do because I would have lost that game, and they would have not been banned in Tribunal.
So instead I get punished for 30 minutes? Why is this fair to me or the other people in LoL who have to do this? What happened to 5 minutes?

first time Vayne

12-11-2012

I sympathize with you. I really do. I had to jump queue tonight as well because of people trolling in champion selection, and that wait was annoying. Trolling is immature and toxic behavior, but the people who simply want to salvage elo for themselves and their teammates take the brunt of the punishment. We all disapprove of the system -- it's flawed -- but yours is an old, old complaint, and no proposed solution has been free of its own flaws.

That said, you're not allowed to call players out by their summoner names on the forums. That is a forum bannable offense, so I suggest you remove their names before you get punished here.

Axle the Beast

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvenlizard View Post
PS. Either troll those two guys every time you see them or don't play with them please.
This alone prevented me from feeling any sympathy for you. -.-

Look, I get it you had a bad game and you think the repercussions were unfair, but a statement like this just manages to strongly imply that you are the kind of player who (rightly) incurs punishments.

Excrempus

12-11-2012

Normals have a lower timer compared to ranked games and you need to deal with some of the stuff people do unfortunately the 30 minutes you wait accounts for the fact that you just wasted around 4-5 minutes of people who were going to play that game.
I do agree that was a game I would've dodged but they can't determine why you dodged and if you were trolling so they just put about the length of a match wait before you can queue again. There's nothing against playing the way they were and I've actually won games like that normally have fun doing then as well.

Bliance

12-11-2012

Boob

TJT Strife

12-11-2012

The system might not be perfect, but lets face it, if you got into that game and explained the situation via chat there is a good chance all players would have reported and The Tribunal doesn't mess around with that sort of stuff.

I am really getting into using The Tribunal and I think more players should. If you want to make the community less toxic then in that situation you might have to watch your elo drop a bit but rest assured that players who talk like that are on their way out the door. The Tribunal will take care of them.

adc

12-11-2012

Banned Morgana for obvious reasons? Like what? You should be (this patch) banning AD casters than can stack cleavers, not morgana. She's not even that good of a ban outside this patch.

OriginalJack

12-11-2012

Just fyi you can still play custom games during the wait timer. Do an ARAM and blow off some steam while you wait it out.

Grollm

12-11-2012

Honestly bro, you're better off dodging than playing that game. It's better to dodge and have to wait 30 minutes to queue again then play the game waste probably 40 minutes AND lose elo. Not worth it.

Titania69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Play ARAM when you dodge, don't risk not dodging.