New to Support who should I use

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scyphoza

01-22-2013

So i haven't really played support of any kind i normally adc or apc. I want to get into support but I'm not sure who to start with. I'm thinking Sona and Nami as they look somewhat fun to play but are there supports that are better to start with? And if i had to just choose 3 who would you guys suggest?
Also is there anything that new supports do that make you rage that i should look to avoid?

Cubeb0y

01-22-2013

Sona is my main support, and pretty easy to pick up. Basically press any button to help your team. Her ult takes time to become good with though.

Taric is probably the easiest support, next to soraka. Neither one is reliant on skill shots to succeed.

Early on id say go for taric/raka, but save up ip for when you discover your support playstyle. Some people adore leona, others nunu, but it comes with time.

The thing I hate about bottom lane solo q is differing playstyles. You have to match your adcs level of aggresion. As long as you ward, keep some bush/lane presence, and talk to your adc about style youll do fine.

Azellos

01-22-2013

I highly reccomend taric- he synergizes well with almost every adc, and he's just insanely useful to have on your team. He's never a bad support.

If he's a bit boring for you, try something with more action like leona or lulu. They are really fun to play.

Scyphoza

01-22-2013

Thanks for the feedback ill pick up taric and sona to start with then.

Qsario

01-22-2013

My favorite is Janna. She takes quite a bit of skill to use, but can do awesome things.

Taric is boring but effective and pretty easy for people to do well with. Sona is a little aura bot with the HP of a cannon minion, but she has her charm and quite a bit of poke. Nunu is oft-requested by ADCs (and likely to be nerfed soon) thanks to that big AS steroid of his and can do big damage.

Then there's Blitzcrank. He's permabanned, because if you have any clue about how to use him, you can severely punish positioning mistakes, which the average player makes tons of (myself very much included).

Gudge

01-22-2013

Since no one has mentioned her yet, I'll put in a vote for Lulu, my favorite support champ by far.

doggwe

01-22-2013

support garren

Scyphoza

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggwe View Post
support garren
Is that even a legitimate option? or is it a joke?

Also i havent really seen anyone use lulu so i might try her
Tried Taric and i find him extremley boring for being so truly truly outrageous with gems

vortical42

01-23-2013

Actually if you are new to support, Sona (or any other 'mage' support) may not be the best pick. Mage supports like Sona tend to be extremely squishy. That means in addition to learning the basics of the role, you also have to worry about positioning and balancing keeping your team alive without getting killed yourself. I highly recomend tanky supports (Taric is a good start) while you learn the basics, and then graduate to more difficult characters like Sona once you have the fundamentals down.

Alistar is probably the best tanky support right now, but he gets banned so often that you might as well not bother. Nunu and Taric are very good and not so commonly banned. Leona is also a very good option if you are laning with an agressive adc like tristana or graves.

Painkiller0730

01-23-2013

i find nami a great support... early game u find yourself healing ur teamate while doing a vast amount of damage to the enemy not to mention her able to stun the enemy