Jungling in new TT.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuanakil

12-12-2012

Like many 3s junglers, Diana struggles slightly at the beginning but improves as time goes on. Her primary issue is that she has no sustain unless you (often foolishly) invest in spell vamp. I still like her for the role, though, because her itemization is very versatile and you can adjust for unforeseen circumstances; plus, she's on the beefier side for a mage.

I suggest taking her bubble first and stacking it--helps massively with survivability. You'll want some health potions early; I normally start with Kage's plus (after waiting for 10 gp) two potions. My masteries for most 3s AP junglers are 21/9, putting points into attack speed instead of CDR and the ninth point for Defense into Perseverance. My runes are flat AS, flat armor, scaling magres, move speed (quints probably aren't ideal). Make sure you get Rylai's for the slow; beyond that, adjust your build to the situation, and definitely consider Malady + Nashor's Tooth if you don't need more burst.

I don't know Udyr as well, but in my (brief) experience it's best to take a point in Phoenix Stance at first level and then ignore it until you're forced to buy it again. Turtle Stance is important if you don't get an early Scepter (which I wouldn't), and most of your damage will of course come from Tiger Stance. If spreading out your points annoys you, I suggest stacking Tiger Stance early and buying a Vampiric Scepter plus a health potion at the start of the game instead.

Udyr of course always loves Trinity Force, but aside from that it's really situational, since Udyr tends to build some beefiness. Try Blade of the Ruined King versus people with high hp and/or who stack black cleavers and consider getting a (much improved) Spirit Visage if your opponents are AP-heavy. Boots are also an interesting choice, but I'd probably stick to Treads or Berserker's in most situations.

Koldheartedjsp

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
Hey thread, maybe I can add something more than bickering for the OP and anyone else who cares. Keep in mind I am not a plat or anything, but this works for me and I learned TT jungle from watching plat streams and reading red posts.

I have found that good fast junglers like Shyvana, Nocturne or Lee SIn can reach lvl 3 before the altars unlock by simply farming my jungle. I like to start armor, boots and 5 pots TBH so I an keep my HP up for the altar invade if it comes; plus I am usually up a level on them.

I take smite because it helps my early clear time and allows for easy peasy smite steals of big monsters and on those champs you don't really need flash or ghost so you can get away with an exhaust or ignite as well.

I am usually able to keep up with both solo laners on my team in CS and can typiucally out farm one of them and an enemy or two. Grez's is good for AD and get a sweeper for AP to check the speed shrine bushes when doing wolves.

I've only been shut down once so far in jugle and it was in a ranked game against a pretty good team that constantly counter jungled me and ganked jungle. This is when I decided to always get a sight item lol.
dis guy has got it. EVERYONE above him that says jungling is bad is braindead as can be

the one thing people fail to realize, is if you go into a game with smite and start jungling, very likely an opponent will jungle as well. I dont even remember the last time I've seen a duo lane when i jungle

Yuanakil

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
dis guy has got it. EVERYONE above him that says jungling is bad is braindead as can be

the one thing people fail to realize, is if you go into a game with smite and start jungling, very likely an opponent will jungle as well. I dont even remember the last time I've seen a duo lane when i jungle
I see people duo bot all the time when I jungle, but as long as my team's solo bot is competent we usually come out on top in the end due to our opponents' low exp and gold gain rate.

Koldheartedjsp

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuanakil View Post
I see people duo bot all the time when I jungle, but as long as my team's solo bot is competent we usually come out on top in the end due to our opponents' low exp and gold gain rate.
usually when i jungle someone on the other team ends up jungling 3/4 of the time. Sometimes they duo lane but not often. If they duo lane sometimes i just won't jungle depending on how dangerous of a lane it'd be

Shinzo Ningen

02-11-2013

Nine out of ten times when I jungle, the other team doesn't. Whether they have a jungler or not (Doesn't bother me, puts our team ahead), one of my teammates, more often than not both, basically say, "N00B, jungling is useless on TT. We gonna lose so hardcore now." And every time something like that happens, our 1v2 lane is perfectly fine, while our 1v1 laner feeds them and blames me for making our team lose... And almost every time, the other team usually even agrees with me, there is nothing a jungling Kayle can do about a Jax that was fed two kills before level 3. I've had more than a few games where in the end game chat, our top laner was all "This Kayle is a dumb ***" (I assume you can fill in the blank)

I would just like to say that we should get the message out there that jungling is a good idea on TT for 2 very good reasons.

1) Everyone gets their own farm. More farm = more gold. More gold = faster item builds. Faster item builds gets you ahead.

2) Everyone gets their own EXP. More EXP = faster leveling. Faster leveling gets you ahead.

Assuming both teams have equal skill level and roughly equal strength champs, getting ahead will win you the game.

NOTE: Yes, I am level 30. I play normals to practice jungling when my team isn't around.

Onioncart

02-11-2013

I've tried to but my team always screams me into submission. Nor can I play any of my blue dependent junglers without backing really often.

Shinzo Ningen

02-11-2013

Junglers on 3s are a little different than SR. And mana dependent champs are actually still okay, with the passive buff given to all champs. This allows me to jungle Kayle and just spam my E and still be at full mana. Many other skill dependent champs can't be too different, I don't think.

Rasmorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0tat0salad View Post
As for a path, Wraiths, Wolves, Golems, Gank/Respawns/Altar.
You'll do better if you go wraiths > wolves > relic > gank > golems