Jungling in new TT.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZestySmurfgasm

12-11-2012

So how does jungling work in the new TT? Just starting to play a few 3s and just wondering how to do the jangles.

DarkenDragon

12-11-2012

I donno what people are talking about but there is no jungle in TT

theres only 3 packs of jungle mobs on either side, theres just not enough in the jungle to actually jungle. you cant really go on the enemy side to jungle either cuz thats fairly dangerous in the early game

really you shouldnt have a jungler at all, in TT you got people leaving their lanes every few second especially if their lanes are pushed so you can get caught off guard way too easily.

instead leave the jungle to the top lane, cuz onces his lane is push and without a partner to help him out with ganks, hes gonna end up just sitting there twittling his thumbs getting no gold nor exp cuz attacking by the enemy tower is just asking to be ganked. so instead that person should be taking the jungle mobs while the top lane gets pushed back to something thats easier to handle without the threat of being ganked.

Hypnagogia

12-11-2012

Darken has the right idea.
I'm just getting into 3s, but from my experience so far it would seem that the jungle is best cleared on the way from A to B when you've got time.

Just respawned and your altar is unlocking in 15 sec? Grab the nearby wraiths while you wait to see if the enemy is gonna make a move.
Big creep wave building on bottom? Take wolves before you head down.
Etc.

herpderpsmurf21

12-11-2012

so much wrong with the above 2 posts it's not worth addressing

PCGamer1886

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpderpsmurf21 View Post
so much wrong with the above 2 posts it's not worth addressing
But yet you waste time posting this...

I agree with the first two replies from what I've experienced, although if anyone has anything constructive/positive to add regarding the jungle, I would love to hear it...

herpderpsmurf21

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCGamer1886 View Post
But yet you waste time posting this...

I agree with the first two replies from what I've experienced, although if anyone has anything constructive/positive to add regarding the jungle, I would love to hear it...
telling them they're incredibly wrong for thinking jungling is a waste of time is actually really helpful information because it tells the OP that jungling is the way to go

DarkenDragon

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by herpderpsmurf21 View Post
telling them they're incredibly wrong for thinking jungling is a waste of time is actually really helpful information because it tells the OP that jungling is the way to go
yea because just telling a child "DONT SMOKE CUZ IT BAD" is a great way to educate a child why smoking is bad

if your gonna say something is wrong, at leave explain yourself so others can learn, otherwise your word is as good as dirt

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Hey thread, maybe I can add something more than bickering for the OP and anyone else who cares. Keep in mind I am not a plat or anything, but this works for me and I learned TT jungle from watching plat streams and reading red posts.

I have found that good fast junglers like Shyvana, Nocturne or Lee SIn can reach lvl 3 before the altars unlock by simply farming my jungle. I like to start armor, boots and 5 pots TBH so I an keep my HP up for the altar invade if it comes; plus I am usually up a level on them.

I take smite because it helps my early clear time and allows for easy peasy smite steals of big monsters and on those champs you don't really need flash or ghost so you can get away with an exhaust or ignite as well.

I am usually able to keep up with both solo laners on my team in CS and can typiucally out farm one of them and an enemy or two. Grez's is good for AD and get a sweeper for AP to check the speed shrine bushes when doing wolves.

I've only been shut down once so far in jugle and it was in a ranked game against a pretty good team that constantly counter jungled me and ganked jungle. This is when I decided to always get a sight item lol.

Ahskance

12-11-2012

I actually just got out of a rather fun game that was a semi-standard setup of Damage/Damage/Tank. I was playing the AD (Miss Fortune), other was Fiona, and Tank was Malph.

After the first few minutes of duo'ing bot, Malph was hitting on minions, so I backed off to the jungle and cleared them pretty quickly. I ended up clearing the jungle while malph and fiona ate minions and I had enough movement to respond quickly to anything happening top or bot lane.

The jungle isn't bad in the new TT, but it's much more rapid with a lot of backing. Sometimes it can be a free snack on the way back to the front of the lane, but if people aren't agressively pushing it can be sustaining in its own right. However, junglers getting assists/kills is still a strong factor as far as staying relevant.

Tokenpriest

12-11-2012

The thing about jungling in TT is it requires a lot of communication between the lanes and the jungler. It is a lot harder to be successful at jungling in normal TT than in ranked or doing normals with a team of three because the jungler has to rely on his laners almost more than the laners need to rely on jungle. By this I mean if someone goes Mia the laners NEED to let jungler know ASAP so that he can determine if it is safe to continue jungling, or if a play can be made if the other lanes collapse into the jungle. Having reaction time to make sure your jungler stays safe is probably the most important factor in jungling effectively. That being said, the benefits of jungling successfully are amazing. By 10 minutes my team is usually 1-2 levels up on at least 2 members of the opposing team. The extra source of gold income from having jungle camps constantly down allows for stronger teamfights as there isn't a low farm champion that is "only there for cc". Ganking presence is also something to factor in because as a jungler you can easily snowball the 1v1 lane if either of you has good cc. Picking a strong 1v2 champ is also important if the enemy team doesn't jungle. Again, all of this is dependent on GOOD COMMUNICATION between the lane players and the jungler. Having a jungler also makes it a lot easier to catch your opponents off guard for an easy alter steal or vilemaw rush.

I prefer quick junglers with extremely strong initiation such as amumu, jax, riven, shen, hecarim, dr mundo and shyvana. Always build your team with the teamfights in mind so that you don't "lose in champ select" which can happen pretty easily in TT.

In conclusion, jungling good, duo lanes bad.