Who decided to stop calling MIAs and just to ping?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holyuberheal

10-12-2010

Maybe its just me then. I honestly hate when i see a chain of pings going towards whatever lane im in. I legitimately yell at my computer. I always type it out. Every single time.

It also lets you know which champ is mia, letting you know what to be ready for whereas pings are just general.

Slade

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyuberheal View Post
Maybe its just me then. I honestly hate when i see a chain of pings going towards whatever lane im in. I legitimately yell at my computer. I always type it out. Every single time.

It also lets you know which champ is mia, letting you know what to be ready for whereas pings are just general.
Then you notice. I guarantee you don't pay attention 100% of the time for a pure mia chat. Pings will always grab attention and they're so much more effective.

Sinornim

10-12-2010

Thoguh I hate pings, they are attention grabbers. When someone spams them constantly, I want to physically shove those pings down his throat.

Nizari

10-12-2010

Op is entitled to his own opinion I guess.... But I have to agree with everyone else. Pinging is MUCH better for MIA's... I mean if you're alone on their tower and someone pings a few times in your lane... that's a good hint to run away. If they ping in a line from A-B that's a pretty obvious indication.

Both the noise and the flashing animation, AND the fact that you naturally check the map anyway, make it far better for getting someone's warning than typing.
If there's time I go for both though.

Holyuberheal

10-12-2010

I feel like pings along with an mia call on the champion would be satisfactory, and i pretty much do watch chat almost 100% of the time. If i feel like something hasn't been said in awhile and maybe i missed it, I check. Maybe it IS only me though. I just feel like pings are obnoxious and unnecessary if you could just watch chat and type something in the same amount of time it would take to drop that chain of pings,

BlackDestruction

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Pings >>>>> chat

I spend most a good bit of time keeping track of the minimap and make paths for lanes I am not even in just by paying attention.

Pings are quicker to do AND quicker to realize what the person means. And since time is of the essence its the best option

Sychar

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyuberheal View Post
People that ping for mias annoy me to no end. a ping could mean anything, a ward, target this guy, what bush a champ is in, what kind of idiot decided pinging along the river someone was mia in, not calling who or anything of that sort was a good idea? I mean is it that much harder to type like a max of 8 letters int your chat box?
Sorry if i'm busy last hitting and will inevitably have a better build because i didnt waste 30 seconds a minute typing like 10 MIAs. And obviously when I ping my own bush it means they're in the bush. Because when someone is MIA im going to ping my tower or bush right? *Sarcasm*. A steady stream of pings from bot to mid is obviously MIA. Because i'm really going to make someone waste 450 on wards for every in and out of there jungle right? While they're last hitting, I don't intend to start typing "MIA Durrr Don't push". My thinking? "Oh, 3 pings from bot to mid. Just to be safe ill b to tower." 3 seconds later Mundo who apparently goes where he pleases rolls through mid. Its not that hard. Don't complain if you cant tell the difference between 3 totally different signs.

Valdez237

10-12-2010

Sometimes in the heat of the moment I actually miss MIA calls that were given via chat. It's hard to hear the chat noise when you're busy spamming abilities IMO.

Pings ftw.

Liz Vicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Here is how you call MIAs. You type it in chat, then you triple ping the river. Anything less than that is probobly not going to get noticed.

MBirk

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit EK View Post
You are wrong. If i'm skirmishing at bottom lane I don't have time to read you type "Garen mia derrrp".

A triple ping from mid to bottom I will actually notice and appreciate. HATE people who type.
This.
Its not just pinging, but how you ping.

Spamming like crazy-get there asap. (If you spam like mad, and this is NOT what you are trying to say, you are doing it wrong, and your team a disservice.) Frankly, this is more distracting then helpful in most cases anyway.

Pinging a path. 1 ping at your lane, 1 ping at river, 1 ping at target lane. This means, you saw the enemy moving from point A-B.

Double ping on fog of war golem/dragon/red. Means, come help me get this, or possibly clairvoyance here, steal from enemy. context sensitive.

Pinging fog of war, BEHIND a lane that is pushing. This warns of possible mia. OR to back off in general if they are over extending.

You dont need to know some secret code to understand these pings. If you ping the black behind someone that is overextending, they will get the hint that someone might be getting ready to gank them, and you are warning them, hence they should back off.