Who decided to stop calling MIAs and just to ping?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holyuberheal

10-12-2010

People that ping for mias annoy me to no end. a ping could mean anything, a ward, target this guy, what bush a champ is in, what kind of idiot decided pinging along the river someone was mia in, not calling who or anything of that sort was a good idea? I mean is it that much harder to type like a max of 8 letters int your chat box?

Sinornim

10-12-2010

"You only need to ping once, fool."
-Mordekaiser

Gambit EK

10-12-2010

You are wrong. If i'm skirmishing at bottom lane I don't have time to read you type "Garen mia derrrp".

A triple ping from mid to bottom I will actually notice and appreciate. HATE people who type.

gunsharp

10-12-2010

Is it that hard to figure out what he means when you see three pings in a straight line from mid to side? Pinging is actually a lot better since it catches your attention immediately.

Captain Falcon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Yes, it is harder to type 8 letters. I miss last hits while typing.

ForeverUryu

10-12-2010

Yeah, but sometimes people don't read the chat because they are probably too focused on killing the enemy, but meanwhile they are about to get ganked and didn't see the mia call. These are one of the reasons why they ping now. But, seriously, if you see a guy pinging from mid to top, then obviously mid is mia.

simPp

10-12-2010

I think both is needed, typing you can more details and pinging is a quick way to alert attention. So.. yea...

Azuredragon653

10-12-2010

Multiple pings in a line is fine. That means a path. I get angry when people only do one ping.

Eddy01741

10-12-2010

If I know they are going down or up from mid then yes I'll just do 3 pings leading from mid to bottom/top. If they just vanished into the back I'll say MIA.

Dicetherice

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit EK View Post
You are wrong. If i'm skirmishing at bottom lane I don't have time to read you type "Garen mia derrrp".

A triple ping from mid to bottom I will actually notice and appreciate. HATE people who type.
This. I honestly prefer pings. After a fight in my lane all of a sudden the guy from mid comes out of nowhere and pwns us. I'm thinking "where's the mia?" but alas, it was there, but i paid no attention to it while in that fight. I'm not blaming the other guy for calling mia, I'm merely saying that 3 pings are a lot easier to notice than an "mia" for me.