Teemo Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akimasu

12-11-2012

Now.. I've read through a ton of guides, and they all say the same thing skill-build wise. EQEWER etc. R>E>W>Q, but I can't figure out...Why? Is laning just not important in these guides?

I just played Teemo vs Teemo, He leveld Q, I leveld E - when he poked, I lost usually 1/3rd my health, Qd in return for a smidgen of health. Couldn't auto attack(yay blind) and all around seemed better.

But even vs Melees the longer blind allows more auto attacks. 2.5 seconds is a long time for a blind. It'd save vs more ganks, it'd be more effective as a poke(even including the poison damage, Q does far more.).

So..Why do guides claim E is better? I'm pretty new to Teemo, so maybe I'm missing something.

Humblefunk

12-11-2012

A guide is exactly that. So you found, through your own experiences, something that fits your play style better. Also, your starting skill (as well as items) might vary depending on who you are laning against. Remember that for your next mirror matchup.

Happy laning.

Reaper of Anus

12-11-2012

The key is adjusting to your opponent. If you are fighting against another teemo, you NEED to upgrade that Q first so he doesn't just poke you to death. I personally like to go EWQ and just giggle as I do circles around that Olaf. Also upgrading W makes your Shrooms much more deadly as you can speed around quicker placing them anywhere you want. Pick Q if you need harass and pick E if you can just kite destroy them. Bada-bing.

anAmishLady

12-11-2012

I choose which to level first between Q and E depending on 1) whether or not my opponent autoattacks to damage me and 2) how easily they can autoattack me.

If it's a ranged AAer, like an AD carry or another Teemo, or if they have strong gap closers, like Xin, then I usually level Q first, then E. I harass primarily with my AAs, throwing in the occasional Q for extra damage if they get shy. You really want to save that Q for if they jump on you, though. If they have trouble getting to me or if they don't rely on autoattacks for damage, then E comes first. I usually only put 2 points in W before maxing the others so I have enough movement to get away from them or jungler ganks. I did put a third point on W in a recent ranked game, though. I was against Riven in top lane, and her jungler was a Nocturne who saved his ulti for me every time it was up. Their gap closers were a little too much, but that third point kept me annoying safe.

So yes, it is all situational. Play Teemo enough, and you'll get a feel for him.

Akimasu

12-11-2012

Thanks for the responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
I choose which to level first between Q and E depending on 1) whether or not my opponent autoattacks to damage me and 2) how easily they can autoattack me.

If it's a ranged AAer, like an AD carry or another Teemo, or if they have strong gap closers, like Xin, then I usually level Q first, then E. I harass primarily with my AAs, throwing in the occasional Q for extra damage if they get shy. You really want to save that Q for if they jump on you, though. If they have trouble getting to me or if they don't rely on autoattacks for damage, then E comes first. I usually only put 2 points in W before maxing the others so I have enough movement to get away from them or jungler ganks. I did put a third point on W in a recent ranked game, though. I was against Riven in top lane, and her jungler was a Nocturne who saved his ulti for me every time it was up. Their gap closers were a little too much, but that third point kept me annoying safe.

So yes, it is all situational. Play Teemo enough, and you'll get a feel for him.
That makes a lot of sense. This really helped.

FearTheAmish

12-11-2012

thank god they are nerfing him

Noobs are uss

12-11-2012

I'm 1800 from only playing Teemo I have 400 plus ranked games 60% win ratio and every game I have maxed E. E helps you creep score better and vs a melee if you auto attack 1-2 times does more dmg then Q. Also, I play Ap a lot and Q with one rank does a ton of dmg. Enough that one q and one autoattack gives you insane poke. Your skill order should be E QEWER you max e then q then w