[UI BUG] Shopping Menu Refresh

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Space Racist

12-11-2012

So this may have come up in other threads, but it's hard to disseminate all the posts about the new HUD and shop interface.

The main bug I've noticed is that once you've purchased an item, the interface doesn't refresh properly to take in to account your new remaining gold balance, so many items still remain lit up rather than greyed out due to lack of gold. It's caused by the UI not properly updating the coloration to reflect the gold you just spent, and therefore what you can now afford based on your new balance. It particularly affects items where you are working towards a final "combined" item - as you may have enough gold to buy one component of it, but once you then buy that component, the UI thinks you can then afford the final "combined" item too - because it hasn't taken your new gold balance into account - so the combined item icon then lights up incorrectly.

This is quite confusing as it gives you the impression you can also afford to buy these lit up items even if you have insufficient gold. You can close and re-open the shop, and then the items are correctly refreshed to reflect whether you can afford them or not.

Related to this - the difference between bright and dull, as well as highlighting of items you are able to buy, have already bought, or are unable to afford is unclear. It would be good if there was greater clarity in how icons are highlighted to reflect ownership, affordability or unavailability.

Finally, as I have seen in other threads - chat being unavailable with the shop UI open is quite frustrating, but it seems you guys are working on that already.

Space Racist

12-15-2012

Dear Riot, the latest patch did not address this bug

Space Racist

12-16-2012

I'll upload a video of this behaviour later.