Surrendering on the TT Demands attention

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Releena

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingghouls View Post
I agree that 2/3 would be more acceptable to accomplish a surrender. I might be gifted with an engineering background when referring to all the complicated math, but I also understand elections which are widely accepted in free countries were 50+1% will get you in the drivers seat.
Your engineering background apparently can't determine the difference between a video game mode consisting of a total of six people and a country wide election.

Which brings us back to the original problem. Three people on one team, each person deserves to have a say. A 60% majority vote in this game is NOT a good enough percent to allow a surrender. Summoners Rift requires an 80% majority for a surrender, why should this be reduced to the point where summoners can abuse this functionality?

It was your choice to jump into a 3v3 match, if your team is not doing well but they still want to tough it out, too bad for you.

It was your choice to jump into a 5v5 match, if your team is not doing well but they still want to tough it out, too bad for you.

See the difference in the two sentences above? If 2 people in a 5v5 want to tough it out, guess what! you're stuck in that match too!

TLDR If you can't stand getting stuck in a match, go play another game.

Redenbacher

12-13-2012

I'll reiterate my previous point that this argument is not about majority vs. minority. This has everything to do with abuse of the matchmaking system in it's current form. I agree with majority rules, except when the majority wields supreme executive power.

If you don't consider the edge cases of abuse, the proposition sounds acceptable... but players will abuse it if given the opportunity. Now, that system could be addressed by monitoring and punishing repeated surrenders with escalating temporary bans... but that introduces another variable that needs to be understood.

RoketPoweredFilo

12-13-2012

I've been in to many matches where surrender was spammed because other team got ahead. We won alot of those games. I do not agree with 2/3 surrender votes.

peonicscrub

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilendra View Post
I've been in to many matches where surrender was spammed because other team got ahead. We won alot of those games. I do not agree with 2/3 surrender votes.
dis. To many times you are losing teamfights yes, but it's due to a third arriving late and you see that you'd crush teamfights if it were true 3v3s, or they way they win is just not a good way to win a fight.

You see that most fights you should win, and don't want to surrender. All it takes is one fight to turn it around

FuschiaNoise

12-13-2012

Personally I always decline to surrender unless it's OBVIOUS the game is over, such as when the team gets aced and the enemy's going to destroy your nexus before anyone gets back up.

If there's even the slimmest chance of salvaging a game, I'm going to try. It really irks me when people call GG at 15 mins because we're down by 10 kills. Most games I've played recently this happens, then, after declining both surrenders, I convince my team to stop trying to teamfight and farm for a bit, contest vilemaw, take altars when one or more enemies are dead, and we eventually win, not without some struggle, but it's a win.

It's much more satisfying to me to TRY and LOSE, than it is to just give up, play another and hope it goes better.

Phaetal

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuschiaNoise View Post
Personally I always decline to surrender unless it's OBVIOUS the game is over, such as when the team gets aced and the enemy's going to destroy your nexus before anyone gets back up.
I am the same way and I have stated this like 3 times or something in this thread already, most players who have an understanding of the game are too, I'd like to think :P

Phaetal

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
I'll reiterate my previous point that this argument is not about majority vs. minority. This has everything to do with abuse of the matchmaking system in it's current form. I agree with majority rules, except when the majority wields supreme executive power.

If you don't consider the edge cases of abuse, the proposition sounds acceptable... but players will abuse it if given the opportunity. Now, that system could be addressed by monitoring and punishing repeated surrenders with escalating temporary bans... but that introduces another variable that needs to be understood.
The escalating temporary bans would probably be the best way to make this implementation possible, I like where this is going

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

As much as I dislike it, I feel a 3 man /ff is the worse of the 2 evils if you will.

I find more often than not, the one person who will not surrender is the same guy who locked Soraka and went 1/13/2 by 15 minutes in. This is more likely to happen IMO than geting paired with a premade troll duo.

I see both arguments TBH, I just lean more towards one than the other.

Phaetal

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
I find more often than not, the one person who will not surrender is the same guy who locked Soraka and went 1/13/2 by 15 minutes in. This is more likely to happen IMO than geting paired with a premade troll duo.
Exactly

Machina Ex Domin

12-14-2012

Surrender requiring 3/3 at the 12 min mark, at 20 mins you can 2/3 surrender.

compromise people, DO YOU USE IT?