What do you think of duo-queue?

I Love duo-queue! 28 48.28%
Duo-queue really sucks ! 30 51.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: do you like duo queue in solo queue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karnikula

10-12-2010

poll inc soon

reason for duo queue:
- you can play with your friend(s) (only 1 at a time) instead of having to form a full fledged 5 man team
- most people don't have that many RL friends actively playing LoL on the same skill-level

and since i voted "duo queue sucks":

- Duo queue doesn't fit Solo-Queue (obvious isn't it?)
- Duo queue automatically gets 1st pick, even if the lower rated player arranged the "team"
- Players with VERY differrent ELO can queue together, creating games where elo varies a LOT - destroying the WHOLE PURPOSE OF MATCHMAKING

think about it - tell riot to kill duo queue in solo queue, you can play fungames with your friends (any number) in normal queue

EquisScry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

No, but I do it anyway because there's one less person who can leave/feed.

Nikolapro

10-12-2010

I absolutely love when 2 1200s duo queue, get put with me who is 1400, ban some stupid champions, let the other team get all the strong ones, and then feed all game long.

Lovely.

Slade

10-12-2010

This poll is stupid. Duo queue is broken because of the ELO inflation that duo queue people get that usually ruins games, by being terrible and having first pick for some terrible reason. It's good for getting out of low ELO, but they need to fix it. It's a good concept that's just broken at the minute. Stop with these ****ty threads, when 1400 players stop entering 1600 matches, people will stop complaining.

hyliandanny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Solo players should not be playing in the Duo Queue. We do not have a place in League of Legends.

j2QJjm9Q07WRRBRT

10-12-2010

Duo Queuing artificially bumps the Elo of the duo way too high. Also the highest Elo player should be the captain, not one of the Duos.

If you have watched any high Elo matches you will see, whichever team has the duo queue usually loses...

Marrowwind

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnikula View Post
- Players with VERY differrent ELO can queue together, creating games where elo varies a LOT - destroying the WHOLE PURPOSE OF MATCHMAKING
Match making will always get as close as possible to balancing each side;

Lets say a guy at 1700 decides to queue up with his friend at 1200 and the match ends up being two teams that equal 6500 vs each other. The 1700 and his friend will get 3 people rated 1166 and they will face 5 people rated 1300.

I don't see the problem with this.

Naminator

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrowwind View Post
Match making will always get as close as possible to balancing each side;

Lets say a guy at 1700 decides to queue up with his friend at 1200 and the match ends up being two teams that equal 6500 vs each other. The 1700 and his friend will get 3 people rated 1166 and they will face 5 people rated 1300.

I don't see the problem with this.
Anyone who does not see a clear problem with that is a moron.

Marrowwind

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naminator View Post
1700 will dominate the 1300s and the 1300s will dominate the 1100s. The 1700 isn't going to singlehandedly win the game and 1v5 the 1300s, therefore he needs at least SOME help from his teammates. And all the 1300s have to do is take advantage of the 1700s weak teammates and work together to take him down. This would be a pretty balanced match and if you put this team together in a real game there wouldn't be an obvious bias towards one team or the other.

Karnikula

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naminator View Post
same lol - game of mine today:

me: 1600
teammates: all ~1500
the bad duo queuer: 1370 (seriously?)

enemy team: all ~1500

what happened ? the friend of mr. low elo banned champions randomly (seriously, that's what it looks like - no thought of "i want to get champion x for my team so i should ban x so they can't counter us"
and mr. low elo actually asked questions like "i don't understand how we can still win" in a situation where we should actually be WINNING the game - my question "how the hell can we still lose?" but he decided we were losing and played all teamfights defensive enough (as anivia btw) and even managed to deny our ranged carry a DOUBLE KILL in a critical stage of the game (both teams even) by walling himself + ranged carry off "i thought we were losing the fight"

that's what happens these low rated people play random champions which they think are good but don't have a single clue about the actual behaviour / itembuilds that those champions need

p.s. don't you also like those shens who think their ult is just the same as kayles? like it can save people who have 1hp left and are attacked be 5 people? instead of using it BEFORE that happens and taunt the enemies?

people should gain elo by experience so they can learn their way up to the "pro" tactics and not by duoqueing "hey suddenly i'm 1600 rated i'm so good!"

the same thing happened to me when i once shot from 1500 to 1700 elo, the difference in gameplay was so high that i was completely out of place, everything i had learned about the game and how i can behave in it was denied by actually skilled play. this is every single duo queuer game, just that most don't realize what's wrong.

edit @above poster: not too long ago i started an account on the european servers to have some fun with other players - in a practise game the following happened: 2 people on my team left early (?) the other 2 were, of course totally inexperienced - the enemy side was crippled similary but they had a basic understanding of the game (buy items, run around use abilities) and a great learning curve as i sliced them up as yi.
Fact is i lost this game HARD (1600 rated NA player losing a non-matchmaked PRACTISE match against lvl 5 players ?!) why is that? 5>1
it doesn't take much to buy recommended items on a champion and hit the R button - it might not be the best way but it's still enough to kill a single player, especially if the rest of his team is as much inexperienced as he is experienced.

a balanced team will always defeat the unbalanced team