Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Set Tesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacero View Post
I'm talking about ranked queue and an equivalent would be battlegrounds (arathi basin etc. can't remember all the names) which you need people queued up for, and it took a long time sometimes on Oceanic servers. So if it worked for WoW why wouldn't it work for LoL. Same thing for instances/dungeons for WoW.

Maybe you need to think a little harder.
how so
take the queue time for us now
on a good day its 2 min
now take away the majority of players (NA) and surprise surprise the queue time will shoot up

that is not speculation, if we remove the majority player pool queue times will skyrocket

and thank you for helping me make my point, thats a small part of that game, the queues are a HUGE part of this one, there its a bigger problem if the queue is longer for us in LoL then it is in WoW

Seraphy

12-11-2012

bump

Lacero

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takukuri View Post
I know for a fact that half the team are doing engineering degrees which which tend to involve 25 hours of class and typically 20-40 hours of study per week. They're bright so they probably study the minimum to get good marks, but either way I'll bet you have more time than they do. All high Elo games in LoL are won by overall decision making, NOT split second decisions. This isn't an FPS, it's a tactical team-based strategy game.
Awesome make a bet without knowing who I am and what I do, blind optimism. It still doesn't change the fact that you mention a pro team as the only figureheads up there for the Oceanic community there might be some more but not a dramatic amount.

Lacero

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Set Tesh View Post
how so
take the queue time for us now
on a good day its 2 min
now take away the majority of players (NA) and surprise surprise the queue time will shoot up

that is not speculation, if we remove the majority player pool queue times will skyrocket

and thank you for helping me make my point, thats a small part of that game, the queues are a HUGE part of this one, there its a bigger problem if the queue is longer for us in LoL then it is in WoW
The fact that valve already invested in it shows that they have done research about it and have justified the cause for a server down here. I trust their research material over your statement of "the queues are a HUGE part of this one, there its a bigger problem if the queue is longer for us in LoL then it is in WoW."

Set Tesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Awesome make a bet without knowing who I am and what I do, blind optimism. It still doesn't chance the fact that you mention a pro team as the only figureheads up there for the Oceanic community there might be some more but not a dramatic amount.
the point is if they can get to that elo with the same 'disadvantage' as you, that 'disadvantage' isnt what is holding you back

i see so many people try to blame their elo on ping

a sudden drop in ping isn't going to cause you to suddenly be better at the game

Tezzarules990

12-11-2012

Bump. Was just playing on 350+ ping. Even 100 ping is better than the regular 250+ ping

Private Crabs

12-11-2012

Quote:
Awesome make a bet without knowing who I am and what I do, blind optimism. It still doesn't chance the fact that you mention a pro team as the only figureheads up there for the Oceanic community there might be some more but not a dramatic amount.
Well regardless there are a number of Aussies in diamond Elo that aren't even on pro teams. Guess what? To get good enough at LoL to hit high Elo, you need to have a lot of free time anyway. There are very few people who got to super high Elo without investing a ton of time in the game.

There's a thread every week from various diamond Aussie players on Reddit, just do a search. LittleUberGiant was a recent example, he's 2.1k Elo right now I believe. Plays a lot of Lee Sin.

Private Crabs

12-11-2012

Quote:
The fact that valve already invested in it shows that they have done research about it and have justified the cause for a server down here. I trust their research material over your statement of "the queues are a HUGE part of this one, there its a bigger problem if the queue is longer for us in LoL then it is in WoW."
Okay, this is simply wrong. I'd love to be in the same situation as Dota 2. If you've ever played Dota 2, you'll see how much better their system is. Basically it's the same client for everyone, and you choose which servers you want to get matchmade on. For example, you can get matchmade on the US west coast AND Southeast Asia at the same time!!! This means if you want to play a game with Chinese/American pros you can do it just by selecting their server instead of yours.

I'd love to have Aussie servers if LoL was like this, but unfortunately regions are split in LoL.

Lacero

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Set Tesh View Post
the point is if they can get to that elo with the same 'disadvantage' as you, that 'disadvantage' isnt what is holding you back

i see so many people try to blame their elo on ping

a sudden drop in ping isn't going to cause you to suddenly be better at the game
ROFL I can't believe you actually said that.

- Some people tend to play better when the game is on optimum performance.
- All people don't have the same skill cap obviously Team immunity are better than majority of the Oceanic community hence why they are representing but this doesn't mean the rest are all silver ranked scrubs.
- I for one know I can play much better on better ping because of Dota 1 and Dota 2 (To some extent since there is a Singapore server which offers me 110ms) and also Garena servers for lol with 110ms for me. Please don't state to play there.
- You should stop typing anymore because you look like a fool having baseless accusations.

Gosu M R H

12-11-2012

Bump.