Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Booker DeWitt

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katalyste View Post
Even with other games like Shootmania I get 20ms or less to their Sydney servers, and rarely above 50ms to servers around the country and that's a game in beta. Surely Riot could match that.

Please don't start on calling things false, you've been doing so in every one of your posts.
I didn't call anything false... I said dont call me false. Tell me when i called anything false?

Werewolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

03-08-2013

Let's take it easy mates... there is no reason to have a fight about how low the ping is. Different ISPs will get different pings regardless of how close the server is to yourself.

The fact that the server is actually coming should be good enough for everyone, whether you get 20ms or 50ms

Mjor

03-08-2013

Looks like it's underway!
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/03...ages.html#more

Riokai

03-08-2013

bmp

ChuuuChuu

03-08-2013

bump*

Refxo

03-08-2013

eta eta eta!!!! give us eta!~!!!!~!

Amanda Playwith

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMirkinen View Post

We are aware that "not losing content you already purchased / unlocked" is something important for you so rest assure we are working on this.

We will release servers there.
Thank you! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

AlphaSix

03-09-2013

Bump.

Thanks for information. Much better than nothing, anyway.

I just purchased Vayne few days ago but felt frustrating when playing her under 240ms ping. It is difficult to do combos and practicing can help little.

I decided to AFK until Sydney server go alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMirkinen View Post
Hey guys,

thank you so much for the overwhelming reaction to the Sydney Openings announcement.
I just wanted to share another piece of information.
Today we also opened 2 jobs based out of Sydney in the Technical Operation department.
You can find them here: http://www.riotgames.com/careers?loc...5D=425&search=

I also wanted to clarify couple of things:

Not sure exactly about your background but we did open 2 new position today with a technical background. You can find then here: http://www.riotgames.com/careers?loc...5D=425&search=
Stay tuned as we will open more in the next weeks.

We are aware that "not losing content you already purchased / unlocked" is something important for you so rest assure we are working on this.

We will release servers there.

This is not true unfortunately. We are hiring now so it's going to take longer than that to be ready.

Riokai

03-09-2013

bmp

xXCrazyBarksXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

@werewolf
since you play dota, i talked to some of my friends about dota2 aussie servers and heard they they spike alot. Is this true?