Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lacero

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Set Tesh View Post
i personally dont see an aussie server as a good thing
almost everyone i know would stay on the US server because of our friends on the NA server.

also you can say "well that doesn't concern you then" but it does because once there is an oceanic server we will be 'not wanted' on the NA server, we will be told to get off their server and on to our own
not to mention the queue times atm include the entirety of Australia and america, i can only imagine how long it will be without america in the equation

also people i know on the Brasil server don't have access to ANY codes, none of the pax skin work for them, meaning we would be the same, we would be cut off from promotions.

i just think its a really bad idea :/

also people talking about inconsistent ping thats your ISP not riot, my ping has been stable at 220-230
i also seem to remember a couple of our platinum players saying that ping isnt an issue, it would be better to have lower ping yes, but its not a massive issue

i just dont think the 100 drop in ping is worth all the downsides :/
Same nonsense regurgitated during World of Warcraft pre Oceanic servers but when they went live it was the best for majority of the Oceanic community.

MW A55 Violator

12-11-2012

Hell yeah sick of 200 god dam ping

Set Tesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacero View Post
Yes because I love ranked queue but alas with crappy ping you can only play up to a certain skill cap. If valve is investing in Oceania then all I can see is that Riot doesn't want to fork up the cash needed for servers down here.
tell that to our platinum players

Destrucshot

12-11-2012

Quote:
Same nonsense regurgitated during World of Warcraft pre Oceanic servers but when they went live it was the best for majority of the Oceanic community.
dont forget they weren't even actual oceanic servers.

We need ACTUAL ones.

Private Crabs

12-11-2012

Quote:
Yes because I love ranked queue but alas with crappy ping you can only play up to a certain skill cap. If valve is investing in Oceania then all I can see is that Riot doesn't want to fork up the cash needed for servers down here.
There are a LOT of Aussies in the top 200 LoL players with 2.2k+ Elo. They're in all sorts of roles, including the mechanically intensive ones (e.g. ADC). Look up Team Immunity for example, all of their players were really high in S2 and I'm pretty sure they're still up there. RobertXLee regularly duos with an Australian jungler that's 2.3k Elo, can't remember his name. Lots of other examples, just do a Google Search.

None of these guys duo queued to get there, you can often watch them in the featured games and see for yourself with the spectator loading screen that they have 230 ping.

Set Tesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
there is a BIG difference between WoW and LoL
not the least of which is there is no need for 9 other people to want to play with you at the same time for WoW

matchmaking alone would be hell, let alone queue times

Lacero

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Set Tesh View Post
tell that to our platinum players
and how many is that don't make it sound like there are 500 of them.

Werewolf

Adjudicator

12-11-2012

Quote:
Exactly, if League of Legends is going to have any sort of competitive community based in Oceania, a server would be required here so that the scene can develop.

I am happy for Riot that they can show off being the most popular game in the world, but they need to ensure that they can actually cater to being the most popular game in the world and support all the regions of active population.

Lacero

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by set tesh View Post
there is a big difference between wow and lol
not the least of which is there is no need for 9 other people to want to play with you at the same time for wow

matchmaking alone would be hell, let alone queue times
wtf?

Set Tesh

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
Exactly, if League of Legends is going to have any sort of competitive community based in Oceania, a server would be required here so that the scene can develop.

I am happy for Riot that they can show off being the most popular game in the world, but they need to ensure that they can actually cater to being the most popular game in the world and support all the regions of active population.
funny you should say that, because i remember our 'pros' saying that a server would stagnate our competitive scene

Quote:
wtf?
read it again, think about it a little harder, maybe you'll get there
Quote:
and how many is that don't make it sound like there are 500 of them.
see Takukuri's post