Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GenoXcide

12-11-2012

Bump for justice.

Would be nice to get an update even if its the fact that our big telco telsta wants to charge you 1bil to setup a server... Its why blizzard never set one up here for wow...

We get crushed by our government but the communication from riot to us would be great

As the Op said love the game just begging for a local server <3

Zerok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

And here i'm wishing I make my Gragas barrel explode right away

seductiveasian

12-11-2012

I just want to be able to play TF and double-tap W for the card it starts on instead of waiting whole rotation and pressing it one card earlier

Slggy

12-11-2012

Seen bigfatlp having a hissy fit because he had 190 ping yesterday while streaming, "wow i am to ****ing laggy, this is unplayable" well guess what we have to play with that every day.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Australia has a population of 22 million people. Out of that population, how many of them are going to play LoL.
That is an incredibly small amount of people for Riot to dedicate a server to.
As far as business decisions go, I doubt they would do it.

Private Crabs

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy1993 View Post
Seen bigfatlp having a hissy fit because he had 190 ping yesterday while streaming, "wow i am to ****ing laggy, this is unplayable" well guess what we have to play with that every day.
This is mainly because he's used to having low ping. When you get the timing down for high ping, the only things in the game that become difficult are landing Gragas barrels and getting some early CS with Anivia. Even Alistar combo works fine. Stable ping that doesn't fluctuate is FAR more important than having low ping. That's why most pros complain, because 200 ping is a BIG LAG SPIKE for them. It's like seeing 200 ping spike to 350 ping.

It's easier to learn things on low ping because you visually see things better, but with proper timing there are Australians that have made it to higher Elo than bitfatlp.

Dreggon

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNova7 View Post
And here i'm wishing I make my Gragas barrel explode right away
All they have to do is make it so you can send the "explode" order while the barrel is still in motion, but noooooo, our office has a ping of 8 and we don't acknowledge this as a problem, therefore it doesn't exist.

Opreich

12-11-2012

Its unlikely because of the way Riot handles servers and the client.

Each sever has to have its own client attached, where as the Dota 2 ones are all connected to the same client.

Getting an Australian server for LoL means you will be separated from Americans, and for long time players such as yourself, that means friends.

Would you be willing to sacrifice that for a lower ping?

Set Tesh

12-11-2012

i personally dont see an aussie server as a good thing
almost everyone i know would stay on the US server because of our friends on the NA server.

also you can say "well that doesn't concern you then" but it does because once there is an oceanic server we will be 'not wanted' on the NA server, we will be told to get off their server and on to our own
not to mention the queue times atm include the entirety of Australia and america, i can only imagine how long it will be without america in the equation

also people i know on the Brasil server don't have access to ANY codes, none of the pax skin work for them, meaning we would be the same, we would be cut off from promotions.

i just think its a really bad idea :/

also people talking about inconsistent ping thats your ISP not riot, my ping has been stable at 220-230
i also seem to remember a couple of our platinum players saying that ping isnt an issue, it would be better to have lower ping yes, but its not a massive issue

i just dont think the 100 drop in ping is worth all the downsides :/

Lacero

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opreich View Post
Its unlikely because of the way Riot handles servers and the client.

Each sever has to have its own client attached, where as the Dota 2 ones are all connected to the same client.

Getting an Australian server for LoL means you will be separated from Americans, and for long time players such as yourself, that means friends.

Would you be willing to sacrifice that for a lower ping?
Yes because I love ranked queue but alas with crappy ping you can only play up to a certain skill cap. If valve is investing in Oceania then all I can see is that Riot doesn't want to fork up the cash needed for servers down here.