Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pastrytime

12-11-2012

I've been in this debate and discussion for quite awhile but of course still support the idea even though I understand the potential difficulty.

BUMP.

StaticVengeance

12-11-2012

Bump, I have thought about this subject for a long time but never really stepped up to it, I hope Riot Games recognises this thread and acts towards it

Alley OOOP

12-11-2012

Kiwis and Aussies, please be advised:
DO NOT EVER play LOL overseas in a local server, it will make you hate yourself since it is not the same game.

Gordon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-11-2012

Bump. Hopefully, this thread gets noticeable attention.

Judgeharm

12-11-2012

Yes, Australian/NZ servers would be amazing. I recently had the option to travel to the states and while I was there I played a little LoL. The difference was astounding, going from 220ms (stable) to 33ms (stable) it was a whole new game. - I was actually able to dodge Blitzcrank grabs o.O - shizzle got rizzle.

After this I restarted playing SWTOR (AUS) and have recently started playing Planetside 2 (AUS). The games feel smooth as a baby's balls. Now whenever I play LoL it "feels" slow and unfair.

I thought that it was a "want" for a while. It is a "must" for competitive play.

Riot, I know your game is free and you do A LOT for the community. Just don't forget about us down under.

Playdough18

12-11-2012

Bomp

Judgeharm

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley OOOP View Post
Kiwis and Aussies, please be advised:
DO NOT EVER play LOL overseas in a local server, it will make you hate yourself since it is not the same game.

This. I can confirm. The tears of unimaginable sadness.

Pugski

12-11-2012

My only concern is queue times...if that isn't going to be an issue (I'm sure Riot has the data on numbers and estimations), then I'm all for it.

Zephyrin

12-11-2012

bump pretty plz riot

Jordi

12-11-2012

We definitely need an Australian server.