Thought i would try this game out..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xDibqyPig8XDPaRT

12-11-2012

So i have herd allot about this game voer the past couple years. I have watched a few live streams here and there to see what it was like, but it just didn't catch onto me. I didn't like the DOTA style game play every one was so hyped about, fact.. i didn't like dota back in wc3 to begin with.

But over the past 2 years, my interest in gaming has some what dwindled down to nothing. I cant seem to find any game.. and i mean ANY GAME.. console.. pc.. handheld.. nothing seems to keep my interest like it use to.

But as i am watching more and more live streams, this game seems to be pretty popular now. It is on a competitive level with in the e-sports community.

I am currently downloading the game right now. I have had it once befor when it first came out for free to play (was it p2p before?), and my computer could not handle it. But since i have gotten a new computer and it has been a very long time since i played a serious game, what are your guys thoughts on it?

Is it easy to get into?
Will i be shunned and treated like a noob every game that i join?
Will i be able to actually play or will i get trampled by all the leet/hard core players?
Any tips on champions for new players? (other than joining a game and being an obvious noob)

I am very good at learning keybinds and harassment style game play as i did play a bunch of sc2. But like my first question.. is this game easy to get into? Or would some one totaly new to the "DOTA" style game play just be thrown for a loop?

Sp4rKz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Well first no league of legends isn't a game that is easy to learn. That's what makes it great in my opinion as you are always learning new stuff. So many champion, meta, play style and objective and understanding that you need to learn. The game also always change and new champion came out every 2 weeks. Some champion get reworked, nerf, buffed so you have to keep playing and learning all the time.

I' ve been playing this game since closed beta and I never stopped. It's a great game and always been free 2 play.

FearOfTheFlesh

12-11-2012

If u can play sc2 and control units well without camera lock ull be fine in lol. Some advice to start i wish i was told to set u up on the right foot. Never play with locked camera press y to unlock. Play many champs and ones u feel u like dont care how "viable" something is. Only play pvp not coop vs ai from level 1 since ull be better than most to start but wont be if u wait till 30. If you played dota a little and sc2 or wc3 are willing to communicate and take advice ull easily do well in this game. I didnt play a single pvp match till level 30 and still managed a 9-9 record with now all gold players in my matches simply becuz i listen to people and they almost always want to do something to win even if its insulting u. Its funny how when insulted and i simply apologize and promise to try my best in next encounter people completely change their attitude and try to genuinely help u.

GON the Mage Guy

12-11-2012

Is it easy to get into?
There's actually a LOT to learn. The mechanics are decent to pick up on, it's the champion and item interactions that will take time.

Will i be shunned and treated like a noob every game that i join?
Three things with that: Don't take that mindset, mute (hold Tab and click the blue bubble next to their name) and report people after the game that are jerks to you, and don't be a jerk to other people. You'll see a lot of folks in the Tribunal forum complaining how their bans are unfair; they are incorrect. You have to be reporte a LOT (12-30% of your games) in order to be up to be punished.

This bears repeating: Don't be a jerk, mute and report jerks, and you'll be just fine.

Also, add people from the New Player Forums, plenty of new people just learning that you can team with.

Will i be able to actually play or will i get trampled by all the leet/hard core players?
You start at level 1 and work up to 30. There are some people who create low level accounts called Smurfs to stomp low level players. The more games you play, the less you'll see them, because Riot's got a system to weed them out.

Also, don't confuse "skill" with "I learned something new and am exploiting people that don't know." There are very few actual imbalances in this game, and there's no true "OP" anything. If you have a question on how something works or how to counter something, ask. I guarantee you, especially at low levels, you'll find someone that frustrates the hell out of you and you can't beat them. You can. You just may not know how yet.

Any tips on champions for new players? (other than joining a game and being an obvious noob)
Any of the Recommended tagged champions, and try all the free week champions each week. You'll eventually build up enough IP to buy a champion you like, but make sure to try everyone at least once so you know what they can do.

My biggest piece of advice though, drop the word "noob" from your vocabulary. There's nothing good about the word, it's not helpful in game (you CAN be warned/banned for being negative to your team) and there's no positive way to use it at all.