Quitting for another six months.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StrictlyRockers

12-10-2012

This game is super fun. Maybe a little too fun.

The community is by far the worst one I have seen in decades of online gaming. I'm 44. I've played this game non-stop for days at a time. I really like it. You guys make this game way less fun than it could be. The community is toxic. There is no need for it. And it is a real problem. The Tribunal doesn't seem to have helped much.

I took the first half of this year off. I played as much as I could for the past five and a half months. I would race home on my bike to get a game in at lunch time. I played until my eyes bled. I played for 18 hours straight.

I think my friends at UCSC have the right perspective on this game. It's just a fun hobby once in a while, not a bloody obsession. It is my favorite game, but it gets too frustrating lately. Solo queue and ranked queue are unbearable. It's a lesson in futility trying to get random LoL players to act cohesively and play smart. It's like trying to herd cats.

I'm done. I'll find other ways to get my adrenaline pumping. I already deleted LoL.

You may be surprised at how many older gamers there are out there who like this game and who are not rageaholic 14-year olds. Some of us are really put off by the negative culture here. Where does it come from? This kind of thing usually drips from the top down. So, I blame the developers. It does not make the experience more enjoyable. It makes it worse.

See you in July. I don't expect this community to be any less toxic then.

Groupon

12-10-2012

See you tomorrow, I mean next week

StrictlyRockers

12-10-2012

haha, expected that.

See you in July!

maybe

New games are coming out all the time...

BlackieBot

12-10-2012

I would hate to say that I feel your pain but I don't. The ignore function is implemented for a reason. Use it and there is a significant difference and you realize there is a impel solution.

CallistoTyler

12-10-2012

act your age sir

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Ahris1Chalice View Post
act your age sir
Says the guy with summoner name "2Ahris1Chalice"

Stay classy, GD.

Jenvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

I had to reinstal LoL recently. ith the default settings being that you cant see chat from people who arent on your friendslist, my experiance improved. No ragers, no spammers, no insults just plain quite silence and my friends over skype. If bots were smarter I could play this game over lan

StrictlyRockers

12-10-2012

I used the mute button ALL the time. It is a very beautiful thing, the mute button. You are totally right. I would not have lasted this long without leaning on the mute button long and hard. The FIRST time someone is unnecessarily negative with me I tell them I am muting them.

It does not make it easier for my team to win. It does make the game more frustrating. This is especially true for people who think that winning is fun. It is utterly ridiculous how often LoL players resort to negativity to express their opinions. There is no need for it. It is disheartening to encounter.

In real life, and in my gaming life, I strive to surround myself with positive people. There is no way I can justify hanging out here and suffering the vagaries of solo queue any longer.

JurisDictum

12-10-2012

I guess the part I take issue with is:

Quote:
he community is by far the worst one I have seen in decades of online gaming
Really? Like which communities? Its a problem with gaming in general. You could argue its a problem with the internet in general. 99% of these guys wouldn't be half as bad in person as they are on the internet.
As far as I can see, at least LoL is doing something about it. I can't tell you how many games don't do this much. Or get it completely wrong like GW2 (lets ban everyone that curses but no one that's a griefer). It does seem to be getting better over time. The fundamental problem is human nature to scapegoat, I wouldn't lay it on Riot's doorstep.

CallistoTyler

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
Says the guy with summoner name "2Ahris1Chalice"

Stay classy, GD.
You got somethin against 2 foxes pooping in a cup son?