A little sensitivity training in ranked...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Storm 4ever

12-10-2012

Ladies and gentlemen,

I don't know that this topic is ever fully covered. I read the summoners code, but didn't see some of these points truly addressed, so maybe some feedback about it would help? I'm not trolling here, and I seriously do love this game and just wish I knew how to react to certain situations without ( ever so slightly ) wiggin out.
Situation 1. You're playing your best, really trying but all your jungle ganks fail. you just didnt' land that bandage toss with Amumu or twin fang with Shyvana... When suddenly a team member in all chat starts in with the " report this **** troll. For the love of god, he is intentionally feeding." Maybe you say something to try and deflect the remark, but there it is returning again. Concentration starts to go...and because the whole team seems to be desperate to justify their own remark it turns into a typing fest and then the whole team starts crumbling, and of course....reverts back to " must be this jungler, cuz now i can't do anything. Its all his fault."
Situation 2. You are just having a bad game. Point blank and true. It just couldn't be any worse. You may have had 5 straight wins, then suddenly that one team that just seems to counter everything you do. You are being outplayed, plain and simple. But you go on trying, because you want this win. A team member states the ever famous "WOW" quote, usually precluding some remark like "You really just went back there and fed again? WOW reported. WOW" Trying to hold your lane against all odds does not seem like a reportable offense, but to some it seems to be.
Situation 3. Someone on your team has a potty mouth. F-bombs galore. (expletive ##*** next time you *** I swear to god i will ***** you *****), and you get the picture. You are doing your best to ignore the big gorilla in the room. A few team members have chimed in.."Hey buddy take it easy man.." But the rager will have none of it: " Well if this ***would just **** and stop taking all my ***CS"....you get the point. But then suddenly this ire is directed at you. You are being told some personal things about your size and your mother and everything else. And then...it just happens. You fire one back.. You dont even remember if what you said was offensive, you're just trying to deflect, to talk him down. Suddnely you are caught up in it. In total abject horror you see that you have looked into the abyss and it has looked back into you. The rage takes hold..."Must...Resist..."
OK....in summary. How many of you have confronted these situations and how do you deal with them? I ask in a serious manner because I really DON'T want to be that guy who get "caught up" in this behavior, and even though some people seem to thrive on expertly trolling you into it....I'm basically a nice guy. I want to enjoy this game. I wish people were nicer to each other. I wish all these things, but in the meantime life is not perfect. Can you offer some expert opinions on dealing with some of this stuff, because it comes up a lot and I really am not sure how to react. This is a totally serious post.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doxkid

12-10-2012

TLDR,

Learn to press enter.