Random Events During Play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cawk Deezil

10-12-2010

Has there ever been discussion about events that can occur during gaming session that effect both teams.

When selecting a queue to enter you would be able to flag you want to have random effects map, thus people that didn't want to play with the added difficulty wouldn't have to.

Examples:
Summoner's Rift since there are two versions of the map perhaps the summer version could have a Tempest which has periodic lightning strikes or Rain Downpour that mires(35% slow) the high grass areas during the storm.

Winter Summoner's Rift could have snow storms that hide enemy/ally alike on minimap(except at base, and towers), and windchill effect that lowers regen/attack speed/movement. Windchill effects happen randomly lasting until removed, and can be removed at base altar or in jungle for 10secs.

Twisted Treeline could have random dead zones which causes mana degeneration as long as player is in dead zone, and random bog fever when going thru the high grass. Bog Fever will cause 30% reduction in heal effects, and 15% slow speed/attack, but bog fever occurs 30secs after passing thru an infectious grass patch.

Don't flame me too hard LoL purist, it's purely for conversation and fun.

XXXXXXXXXX

10-12-2010

Dota.

Wuffly

10-12-2010

Riot tried this, didn't like it and sold the idea on ebay to make brush (I heard Garen was in on this)

Cawk Deezil

10-12-2010

Ahh, well guess I'm not that clever. Never play Dota so I guess my limited experiences wouldn't let me know that it was tried lol.

Naminator

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronozone View Post
Dota.
Reading Comprehension.

Anyway OP, yea I would personally love more dynamic gameplay added to the game, things like this could very well give us good gap between the high elo and low elo play. I mean seriously, wards and dragon control shouldn't be the only thing.

Hikaratu

10-12-2010

Random weather affects are not a good idea, global always affecting people affects are somewhat better. I dont like it either way but its not the worst idea ever. Aside from the random effects, oh look lightning mid teamfight killed our carry/whatnot and turned the tables and now we're all dead and the other team pushes our nexus.

CaptainSoda

10-12-2010

No.

Zeunchainn

10-12-2010

Maybe in singleplayer campaign.

Best Fireman CAN

10-12-2010

I'd actually love some variety like this in normal games. Not in ranked though...

Another idea i liked that i heard people talk about was random "boss" monster spawns, at erratic times, that give buffs similar to baron. Forcing teams to scamper through the jungle trying to find this boss and take the buff before it despawns or before the other team staggers across it first. This would make wards even more important than they already are (=omfg rotflstomp)

Would introduce and interesting and fun dynamic to games

Merryl

10-12-2010

Would certainly help to mix things up, so I'd be in favor.

With the "flag" idea for implementation, there really wouldn't be any downside, either; if you don't like it, just choose not to play with it.