"Attempting to reconnect" issue

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mav3riX

12-11-2012

same here

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iinot View Post
While sometimes 10-30mins in game it starts choking and everything including minions champions start sliding everywhere and then after that it starts "Attempting to reconnect" then sometimes after 10secs - 1min it reconnects and it happens again in about 1min or so or sometimes after another 5mins. Then sometimes it doesn't even connect and just stays at "Attempting to reconnect."
These symptoms, especially given the timing component, seem to indicate an issue with a modem or router having problems with sustained traffic.

A good test here, would be to play a custom game until you have problems, then reset your router (unplug everything) and try again. If you're able to play just fine starting out after the reset, that's most likely where your issue would be.

iinot

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
These symptoms, especially given the timing component, seem to indicate an issue with a modem or router having problems with sustained traffic.

A good test here, would be to play a custom game until you have problems, then reset your router (unplug everything) and try again. If you're able to play just fine starting out after the reset, that's most likely where your issue would be.
Thanks for the reply! I've tried resetting my modem/router and also reinstalling the game. The same problem still occurs. This doesn't happen every game I play but it occurs often enough to ruin my in game experience.

Not being rude or anything but I've searched the forums and I've seen many people have the same issues without any solutions, I don't really think its an issue with our modems/routers because how can so many routers around the world go wrong also the thing is we can still do other things besides LoL, could it possibly be Riots side of things maybe the server or connection between locations and area's.

I've actually had no problem with the game until season 3 patch came out.

BTW my modem model is Netcomm NB604N

Please could you follow up on this issue and tell us any other possible solutions or notify us if Riot has discovered whats causing this issue!!

Please update us when ever you have new information! I don't want to give up LoL

viviidity

12-14-2012

My boyfriend and I who play on the same internet connect have been having the same problem. It's the worst. We tried resetting the modem and whatnot, but has done nothing. It's caused us to lose games because often when it starts to "Attempting to reconnecting," it never reconnects.

Today it's been especially bad, when I finally reconnected to a game I couldn't use any abilities or items, they were all greyed out. It then kicked me off the game completely, and wouldn't let me log back in. My internet was working fine during the whole thing.

Mara Jade

12-14-2012

Just happened to me. My internet is very fast, and my connectivity has been perfect all night with pings in the 15-30 range. Then out of nowhere everything on the map stops and starts fidgeting and I see the dreaded "Attempting to Reconnect" bar. Usually if I let it go for a minute, it will reconnect me, but not this time. I had to entirely shut down the LoL client and restart my computer for good measure. And now, I can no longer connect at all. My internet is fine, the servers are up, but I get an error message when I try to log in. This is really frustrating, because I just left my friends hanging in the middle of a match.

iinot

12-14-2012

BUMP Please update us from if there is any progress on Riot's side of things!!!!

iinot

12-14-2012

BUMP please help

Seafoam

12-14-2012

I have started having this exact same issue this patch (12/14/12) and this patch only. That, to me at least, seems like an indication that it is not a modem/ISP issue. Perhaps it is some combination. Does anyone know if anything changed in the way things are processed riot-side this patch?

iinot

12-14-2012

GG just lost another ranked game cause of this............ not playing LoL until they fix it and I thought this patch would make things better No snowdown skins for me incase Riot never fixes this problem.

iinot

12-14-2012

BUMP i want to play please help!!!

123456 ... 8