[Item Suggestion] Chalice of Vitality and Cup of Neverending Youth

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matthew21210

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstriker View Post
The HP regeneration one is going to be either 1) Stupidly broken, or 2) Stupidly underpowered. In 95% of situations, it will never see play. In 4.9% of situations, its fusion will never see play. Want to know why? Because champions that need the first, and can use the first, won't need the second. You know who would like the first? Singed, Mordekaiser, MAYBE Alistair, Shen, etc. How many of those champions need the chalice?
Alistair makes good use of it.
I'd build it on Singed just to get the slightly better stats and leave poison on indefinitely. I occasionally toggle it off accidentally.

KrupsMcGee

10-12-2010

An unlimited mana pool is much less dangerous than an unlimited health pool.

UdyrIsAWESOME

10-12-2010

I love it.

Would use it all day long.

Junuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

The reason Chalice is so cheap is because you are often meant to get it at the beginning of the game and sell it later when the effects no longer come of much use. It is kind of a risk you take into using that item to boost your early game for having to take longer to build up your other items that make your core build for whatever you're doing.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

cool a new item! ... that i wont buy on anybody at all ever.

Firellius

10-12-2010

Nope. Don't do it. Chalice of Harmony is ONLY for casters. No need to make a physical equivalent. Not until there's a magical equivalent to the Bloodthirster and Phantom Dancers.

ch3wbacha

Wrenchmen

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
Nope. Don't do it. Chalice of Harmony is ONLY for casters. No need to make a physical equivalent. Not until there's a magical equivalent to the Bloodthirster and Phantom Dancers.
Chalice is a pretty bad item right now. Its not "only" for casters, at lower levels (people without runes) chalice is good on Ashe/Sivir and other champions that either have toggleable spells or incredibly spamable spells.

At higher levels, the chalice is pretty much just ignored.

ch3wbacha

Wrenchmen

10-12-2010

bump

Kevinblaze

10-12-2010

funny story I read the original post and was thinking hmmm this idea is not bad I should read who posted it they seem kinda clever, then I was all XD I know that guy already lol.

The basic idea is solid I'd nitpick that regening 35/40 per second is very frustrating to play against so the regen should be lower, especially for how silly it'd be on top of already high regen.

ch3wbacha

Wrenchmen

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinblaze View Post
funny story I read the original post and was thinking hmmm this idea is not bad I should read who posted it they seem kinda clever, then I was all XD I know that guy already lol.

The basic idea is solid I'd nitpick that regening 35/40 per second is very frustrating to play against so the regen should be lower, especially for how silly it'd be on top of already high regen.
40/second when they are almost dead could be annoying, sure. However, most dps champions dish out around 500-1000 damage/second

Look at Twitch... 2.5 AS + 250 dmg + 50% crit chance + 250% crit damage

On 4 auto attacks, thats roughly 1750 damage before armor... even with 75% reduction, 300 armor, that's 437.5 over 4 attacks which averages to 110 dmg per attack. 200 armor makes it 583.333 and a smart Twitch would get LW which penetrates the 300 armor by 120 or down to 180 armor or 64.28% resistance.

Now, those 4 autoattacks come over the span of 1.6 seconds. In that time you have regen'ed 64 health. 64 health doesn't mitigate 580 damage or even 430 damage substantially enough to matter. It could possibly mean that two tanks wouldn't be able to kill each other if they were the only two left and that could be funny.