[Item Suggestion] Chalice of Vitality and Cup of Neverending Youth

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbacha View Post
Could you explain how?
It's a cheap 'lane forever' item that builds into a relatively cheap all-purpose item. It hard counters Sunfire Cape, for example. Every single tank would build this item. It also makes Chalice of Harmony and Regrowth Pendant even better--say goodbye to Doran's Shield. Chalice of Vitality is also somewhat redundant with Philosopher's Stone already in play (though the former is much better).

Chakki

10-12-2010

You made it horridly overbudget.

Regen Pendant is 435, Cloth Armor is 300.

So you have to spend 165 gold for:
300g worth of armor stats
125g worth of regen stats
A great passive

Look at Chalice, 100 gold for:
28g worth of mp5 stats
100g worth of MR stats
A great passive

The item would fundamentally be overpowered for laning anyway, and can be abused with runes and masteries, along with SV.

SavageMinnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

I support these items' creation. Mundo heals as he pleases.

But seriously, the duo-defense stats on this make it amazing. It would probably need some tweaks, but I would totally love to see it in-game. Am I the only one picturing all 3 of those items together, giving incredibly boosted regen stats? Even just the mana ones practically guarantee infinite mana.

MathMage

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageMinnow View Post

But seriously, the duo-defense stats on this make it amazing. It would probably need some tweaks, but I would totally love to see it in-game. Am I the only one picturing all 3 of those items together, giving incredibly boosted regen stats? Even just the mana ones practically guarantee infinite mana.
They are incredible boosts. That's the problem.

ch3wbacha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchmen

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekyzz View Post
You made it horridly overbudget.

Regen Pendant is 435, Cloth Armor is 300.

So you have to spend 165 gold for:
300g worth of armor stats
125g worth of regen stats
A great passive

Look at Chalice, 100 gold for:
28g worth of mp5 stats
100g worth of MR stats
A great passive

The item would fundamentally be overpowered for laning anyway, and can be abused with runes and masteries, along with SV.
300 gold = 18 armor or 16.666 gold/1 armor
435 gold = 15 hp/5 or 29 gold/1 hp/5

The chalice of vitality has +6 armor and +3 hp/5 over the base items:

6*16.666 = ~100 gold
3*29 = 78 gold

The combine cost is 165 (900-(435+300)) meaning you gain the passive and stats for 13 less than the base items.

400 gold = 24 MR or 16.666 gold/1 MR
390 gold = 7 mp/5 or 55.7 gold/1 mp/5

The chalice of harmony has +6 MR and +0.5 mp/5 over the base items:
6*16.666 = ~100 gold
0.5*55.7 = 27.85

The combine cost is 100, meaning you gain the passive and stats for 27 less than the base items.

Seems pretty evenly spread to me.

ch3wbacha

Wrenchmen

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageMinnow View Post

The uniques of the base items would not stack with the combined item.

Rhaoin

10-12-2010

Oh that would be beautiful. Mundo with level 3 Sadism, Spirit Visage, Warmogs, Force of Nature, Neverending Youth.
Tank whole team, get down to 5%, pop Sadism, laugh at them while live through everything they have.

JonnyThinkChamp

10-12-2010

That's so OP it's unreal. Armor AND MR in decent amounts on 1 cheap item, that gives infinite staying power. Any carry would just buy it and never go back till that IE is done.

Lightstriker

Recruiter

10-12-2010

The HP regeneration one is going to be either 1) Stupidly broken, or 2) Stupidly underpowered. I'm ignoring these numbers because you clearly put next to no thought into them, but that's not the point. In 95% of situations, it will never see play. In 4.9% of situations, its fusion will never see play, mostly because in its current form it's absolutely worthless, but also because most champions don't need both the stats it provides ESPECIALLY once you're late enough in the game where it's e,worth buying. Will it see play? Yeah, sure. On 90 minute games where someone decides they still want their chalice, and they've totally maxed out on everything else including elixirs.

Matthew21210

10-12-2010

Holy **** that'd be ****ing OP.
Mundo with FoN, 2 mogs and a SV hits 300 health with a Cu- ****, I meant one thousand hea- ****, okay 1700....