Ryze, Annie, Nunu, and Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TmrwLand

12-10-2012

I was talking with my girlfriend and she says champions like Ryze, Annie, Nunu, and Ashe are one of the best ap carries, ad carries, and support/jungles in the game, but since they are considered token champs (champs that are pretty original to the game and what the game is known for) they cost only 450.

Call me noob, but some of the reasons I never even bothered with trying to get Ryze or Annie for an ap carry was because I thought since they cost so little, they were worthless. So I'm just asking, are they actually good champs for ap carrying? Or should I might as well save ip for another ap carry champ

Xblayzerx

12-10-2012

Yes, Annie is my personal favorite mid. Her burst is amazing if you get her stun off they just stand there while u spam all your spells. Nunu is a great support and junglers he is used in many tournaments and by pros. Ryze is a great champion he is my other favoite mid, his early game isnt the best but he jsut get stronger and stronger. Ashe isn't the best ad carry but can be if used right i dont play her as much as other ad carries as i would like to.

Snipawolfe

12-10-2012

Ryze is one of the best AP carries if you can win your lane with him. He scales into late game extremely hard and often, ole uncle Ryze can carry an entire team on his back.

Nunu and Ashe are both high utility champions that are effective. Ashe is weak in lane but extremely strong late game with her great initiation and her slows. Nunu is great late game because he can slow the entire enemy team if they dive on to yours and his blood boil is a powerful steroid.

Annie is okay. She's balanced, but nothing special. There are better picks.

IIDAXII

12-10-2012

Actually your girlfriend is right. They are all very good, but then again there aren't any bad champs in league of legends. Ryze is one of my favorites because his abilities get stronger for the more mana you have and more mana is always good for a apc anyways. So therefor he will aways have enough mana without having to worry about any loss to ap. But it gets better, most of the items that give mana have a lot of defense in them, so now he is a tanky apc that doesn't have to worry about mana.

The top guide on mobafire will give you a good build and show you which earlier items you should get that will build to bigger ones rather than rushing one big one at a time.

TmrwLand

12-10-2012

Thanks for the fast posts. You've convinced me, I am going to get both Ryze and Annie and see what they are made of. Who know's, maybe I'll main them long enough to rape with them. I've just been on an AP carry spree, and don't know who to try

Don Ring

12-11-2012

Every single one of those is extremely viable. Ryze has a nice amount of CC, damage and can take a hit or two. Annie has always been a good pick. Nunu has become popular as of lately and that ult can be destructive...And ashe? Only if you are good with that ult. It takes practice..

Axle the Beast

12-11-2012

Not to be off-topic, but I thought I'd comment on this: The prices of the champions really don't have anything to do with their viability. Seems to me that it's simply a matter of Riot giving people a pool of all the basics to play as, but keeping the prices higher for most of the new ones so they can maximize profit (people will be more likely to pay the more-static RP cost on the 6300 IP champions).

I'm assuming that if Riot could somehow guarantee they'd keep all the same players and player interest if they made every champion 6300 IP, they would. (They can't though; it's good marketing how they're doing it right now.)

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

The reason newer shinier champions cost more is to incentive players to purchase RP instead.

It has everything to do with revenue, and nothing to do with in-game balance. Furthermore, the people who design champions have little / no contact to the ones who decide the pricing scheme. Riot Games is the cool company it is precisely because the balance team has this sort of autonomy.

Proxy345

12-11-2012

Ryze is one of the few mages who can 1v5 an entire enemy team and burst them down when fed,aside from Zyra. Season 3 Ryze is definitely VERY strong so no reason not to buy him,he's extremely good at the moment.

Grollm

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Ring View Post
Every single one of those is extremely viable. Ryze has a nice amount of CC, damage and can take a hit or two. Annie has always been a good pick. Nunu has become popular as of lately and that ult can be destructive...And ashe? Only if you are good with that ult. It takes practice..
Really? Ashe's ult is no the only thing that makes her viable. Her sheer utility is amazing, which is why she is a very good adc. She doesn't crank out as much damage as some adcs, but she makes up for it with her hawk shot and ice arrows.