I've never seen so much hate for a skin without it even being released.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iSpiderMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

I happen to think the animations on the new Lux skin are beast more. But still my favorite is hands down Spellthief.

Frost Archer

12-12-2012

Omg thank you for putting that out there. Personally I love the skin. Looks awesome. But Lux only looks cute in her classic skin

Baron Bodacious

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post

But going from a character who is already light-hearted and bubbly (yes she is, just because she was forced to be in the military doesn't mean she can't be all flowers and sunshine) to gritty and badass doesn't have anywhere near the same effect. While I could definitely see this work, I have yet to see an example in LoL anywhere (Please feel free to point out any examples that have slipped my mind). All it does is take away what people like about the character and add nothing.

The skin also has to be something to look at, too. While Steel Legion Lux is pretty snazzy, it simply does not look like Lux anymore. If Riot absolutely needs to stick Lux in some armor, why couldn't they go the Joan of Arc route? White armor with gold filigree, form fitting, with long hair and a cape. It would show off Lux's military background without taking away from what makes Lux, Lux.
But what about poor Xin Zhao? The only skins he get are military/Chinese themed. In fact, that's what all of his skins have been.And just becuase he's in the military doesn't mean he can't make as many puns as he wants. It hardly takes anything away from Lux. She already has a military background, saying they aren't aloud to focus on that is silly. What is they had made a spell caster themed skin? Would it be unfair that they're favoring it over her military background?

If you go the Joan of Arc route you're taking everything away that made Lux, Lux. A sword? A cape? Skins don't have to look like the respecting champion. And besides that fact you'd immediately be able to tell it's Lux. She has her trademark wand (not a longsword mind you) and still uses a giant laser beam and is still her cheery self.

And man or man that sexy form fitting armor of Joan's.

SlumlordThanatos

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Bodacious View Post
But what about poor Xin Zhao? The only skins he get are military/Chinese themed. In fact, that's what all of his skins have been.And just becuase he's in the military doesn't mean he can't make as many puns as he wants. It hardly takes anything away from Lux. She already has a military background, saying they aren't aloud to focus on that is silly. What is they had made a spell caster themed skin? Would it be unfair that they're favoring it over her military background?

If you go the Joan of Arc route you're taking everything away that made Lux, Lux. A sword? A cape? Skins don't have to look like the respecting champion. And besides that fact you'd immediately be able to tell it's Lux. She has her trademark wand (not a longsword mind you) and still uses a giant laser beam and is still her cheery self.

And man or man that sexy form fitting armor of Joan's.
It really is too bad that I can't draw, or I'd show you what I really mean.

Baron Bodacious

01-08-2013

Up you go!

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

every skin over the standard 975 I will not buy Riot...never

JoeDerp

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolsticeWrath View Post
No young bass, PANTHEON is the manliest of all man
That's a strange way to spell "Taric"....

Baron Bodacious

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memorylame View Post
every skin over the standard 975 I will not buy Riot...never
Right. But this skin never had a price.

Baron Bodacious

01-23-2013

Excellent! She's back!